[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much makeup is too much? I have horrible skin. Hyper-pigmentation,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: applying.jpg (40KB, 719x462px) Image search: [Google]
applying.jpg
40KB, 719x462px
How much makeup is too much?
I have horrible skin. Hyper-pigmentation, spots of psoriasis, dark circles under my eyes, pimples, etc. I used to say whatever about it and not wear any type of makeup which obviously made men not notice me at all but recently I've been wearing just concealer and foundation. Needless to say, I've caught a quite few looks with my new clear skin but how disappointed is whoever I choose going to be when I take this paint off my face?

Bonus question: I've been to 5 dermatologists and nothing has worked. Should I just stop hoping and stock up on makeup?
>>
There's nothing wrong with wearing makeup, but I think you should read into it first. gotta keep it classy, which takes a lot of practice and yoututubing and stuff.
>>
Isnt makeup bad for the skin as well?
>>
>>18117803
I'm pretty proficient in wearing makeup. For the most part, I just want it to look natural.
I do wonder how it will factor into dating. Up until 2 or 3 years ago, my skin was clear with only 1 nonpigmented pockmark.
What sort of reaction should I expect when I eventually have to take off my makeup and whoever I'm seeing gets a good look at my face?
>>
>>18117826
Yeah, but girls can't compete with each other otherwise.
>>
>>18117828
My girlfriend doesn't wear it and I like that about her. Makeup is a major turnoff. And she isn't someone with perfect skin either.
>>
I think you shouldn't worry about that. When I saw my girlfriend without makeup for the first time, I was very surprised of how much her face changed. Yet, it never bothered me, it's just another "style" I had to get used to. Also, if you really have bad skin, the guy will probably be able to tell while you're wearing make-up. so if he's still interested he won't care.
>>
>>18117826
Depends on the makeup. There are certain brands that are healthier than others. You're also supposed to wash it off before you go to bed.
Although I've known people who have never worn makeup and still had horrible skin.

Plus some people get acne on their back, so that wouldn't be caused by makeup.
>>
I have pretty shit skin, but what sucks is I'm super super pale. So either the makeup I put on is too light and doesn't cover up the redness on my face, or it looks caked on. It takes such a long time to find that middle ground, and make sure what I put on was the right shade.

You don't know how many times I thought my makeup looked good in the mirror at home, only to look more orange or yellow in the sunlight.
>>
>>18117767
>How much makeup is too much?
any at all
>>
Doesn't really matter. You can get a good look with little makeup and lots of makeup, it's not linear.

Just make sure it's smooth like skin, a face covered in lumps isn't attractive.
>>
>>18117831
Does anyone in a relationship wear makeup at home? I'm not sure how you're supposed to kiss it, it doesn't taste nice.
>>
>>18117993
Do you color correct? Green for redness, peach for dark circles, etc. I went to Sephora and they did a color match with some machine they have there. I'm of a darker complexion and before it was just the girls there placing stuff on my skin and then going, "Oh no, that's not right" because the spots make the rest of my skin look even darker by comparison.
Are you using liquid or powder foundation? Liquid oxidizes throughout the day but the coverage is better. Powders' pigment doesn't change but it tends to slide around and is pretty sheer.
>>18117977
>>18117826
My skin just pretty much exploded in acne for no reason recently. I used to wear makeup years before just for effect but got tired of it. Nothing happened then. No acne, no blackheads.
The term for makeup that doesn't clog the skin is noncomedogenic. The makeup "floats" over the pores and does not sink into them.
I've found that it helps my skin if I wear makeup indirectly. I wash my face before I put if on and at the end of the day, I wash it maybe 2 to 3 times more to make sure I get EVERYTHING off. Then I use a salicylic acid toner which removes any dead skin cells that may have been missed washing. Of course by then, my skin is dry as fuck so I use a lightweight moisturizer.
My skin is spotty and uneven but it's super buttery soft.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.