[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend has gotten really fat, and I'm considering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1486828127980.jpg (71KB, 647x594px) Image search: [Google]
1486828127980.jpg
71KB, 647x594px
My girlfriend has gotten really fat, and I'm considering dumping her, any advice on how to break the news in a way that will effect me the absolute least?
>>
>>18117729
you know youre supposed to walk them at least once a day, right?
>>
Why not just talk to her about how her weight has affected your attraction to her? Look, I'm kind of okay with the whole feminist movement, but I also GET why a guy doesn't want to be with a fat chick, especially if she didn't start that way. Just be honest with her. Who knows, maybe it's the kick in the ass she needs to get fit again. Is that the only thing that's bothering you about the relationship?
>>
>>18117736
She has issues with dealing with stuff like this, she was bulimic before and all and all very sensitive about her weight. Talking to her about this is a big no no and will either cause MORE problems or make her relapse.

So it's not really an option.
>>
>>18117741
>babying your girlfriend
You reap what you sow man.
>>
>>18117754
I don't think I was babying her, I just would really like it if she didn't go back to puking after she eats, but if you think it'll work I'll try talking to her about it.
>>
>>18117729
Ask her to diet together and work out with you because you're too stressed/irresponsible to do it alone.
>>
>>18117754
>>babying your girlfriend
>You reap what you sow man.
>>18117758
That's basically what you did though. Of course, there are things that shouldn't be mentioned preventing a PTSD-episode, but weight shouldn't be one of them.

My tip for you: don't date someone who is fundamentally unstable to begin with.
>>
>>18117830
Except she's not fundamentally unstable, she has a good accounting job, she's social, and besides her mother being a bitch has a good family.

Everybody just has demons it seems, my last girlfriend was a alcoholic despite being a successful real estate agent and the one before that suffered from depression due to being raped despite being a teacher.

I don't know man it just seems like every time I get to know a girl she ends up having some weird baggage I didn't know about.

>>18117760
I'll try this, l don't care if she's chubby, she was chubby before I was fine with that but she's just completely overweight now and it's really ruining my attraction to her, which sucks because I feel like we click.

Either way I could go to lose a few pounds, so thanks for this mate.
>>
File: Bitch hold on.png (529KB, 658x960px) Image search: [Google]
Bitch hold on.png
529KB, 658x960px
>>18117860
>Except she's not fundamentally unstable, she has a good accounting job, she's social, and besides her mother being a bitch has a good family.
That's not what I meant. These are only surface "stabilities", which do not disprove her mental lability at all.

>Everybody just has demons it seems, my last girlfriend was a alcoholic despite being a successful real estate agent and the one before that suffered from depression due to being raped despite being a teacher.
Wh-what? WHAT? NANI?! It usually should take one terrible mistake in order to not repeat it. Of course everyone has demons, but everyone is also completely responsible how they deal with them. Seems you are white-knighting women = lack of self-respect aka dignity.

>I don't know man it just seems like every time I get to know a girl she ends up having some weird baggage I didn't know about.
I think you subconsciously knew something was off, but wouldn't admit it.

Anyways, unless you don't pull your standards above the level of the Earth's core I think your general and continuing relationship issues won't be fixed.

>Either way I could go to lose a few pounds, so thanks for this mate.
Now you're giving yourself somehow the fault. You need to do some serious reflection about yourself on how you came to have such abysmal self-esteem - which is probably due to an abusive mother/family. Good luck on that one.
>>
>>18117729
"Physical attraction is a required aspect for many relationships to work. To expect otherwise is just unrealistic. I never demanded that you be a victoria secret model but you let your body get to such a point that I am no longer physically attracted to you, so this relationship cannot work".

Since you are being honest and respectful the whole time while saying this, she will think she is free to go on the offensive, escalate shit, and call you a dick/whatever, so consider throwing in something like "For the record, if you think about it, you've actually been very selfish in not considering what I would be interested in. I've watched my weight, I shower everyday, I've done nothing to "lessen" myself for you. You've been selfish and now you've put us in this position"
>>
Just break up. Her eating disorder and whatever other issues are her problems, not yours.
>>
>>18117758
You were babying her. There is such a thing as "tough love". On the other side of the coin, there is such a thing as "enablers". By not telling her what she needed to hear, you've handled her with baby gloves and let her become fat. This happened slowly, you know. You should have stepped in.
>>
>>18117741
Hard subject = no-no for discussion = fail ... Communication is key in any relationship. You/she cannot talk about this even more serious stuff will be repressed .. a sure recipe for capsizing the relationship sooner or later.
>>
tell her you want to enter a monastery
>>
>>18117946
/thread
>>
>>18117923
How am I supposed to subconsciously know this? I don't enter into a relationship to psychoanalyze my partner.
>>
File: Yuno crying.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Yuno crying.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>18118414
Well, you should psycho-analyze your potential cum-dumpster. Don't wanna catch a STD or waking up without a dick, don't ya? Distrust is the best way to get to know people; blind trust only leads to blindness.

Out of every accusation I enumerated _that's_ the one you pick out? C'mon, I'm writing my ass off here giving you quality advice on how to not get mental women and that's all you get out of it?
>>
>>18117729
this just happened in my relationship, except i was the fat one.
As soon as she dumped me i started running, dieting exercising because i had the time.
I'm no longer fat, and i blame her everyday of my life for ruining my glorious body.
Just a heads up with what she's going to think when you do this and what might happen
>>
>>18117946
Sheeet. I will remember this for the next time my girl starts balooning.fucking women and their list for junk food. Ridiculous.
>>
>>18117946
>"For the record, if you think about it, you've actually been very selfish in not considering what I would be interested in"
this is actual autism
>>
>>18117741
>dating someone with an eating disorder
has no one ever told you about sticking your dick in crazy
>>
>>18117860
>Except she's not fundamentally unstable,
>but if i tell her now she is being unhealthy in the opposite direction she will do yet another 180 and start vomiting again
bro she has issues do you really want that? also lets say she gets her shit sorted out and is a normal adjusted person, if you want to break up with her now then just do it bc there is nothing keeping you glued to her other then the dating experience-which is completely okay so just end it
>>
more cushion for the pushing, what's the problem?
>>
>>18119499
Expecting your partner to care about themself and not letting themself go is not autism.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.