[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to study bachelor of science in computing but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

I want to study bachelor of science in computing but I'm worried I won't be smart enough to pass the courses. Already failed intro science courses a few years back and worried the same thing will happen.

Is a Bachelor of Arts really useless? I want to know I can get a job after college and I don't know if BA will do that for me.
>>
>>18117699
Think about the other side of the coin. Look into trades. Union jobs can net you just as much, or even more than some college degree required position. I know there was this carpenter meme floating around here for a few months before, but I'm serious. You just need to make sure its union. The wait for the listing will be worth, you just need to work an okay job until then
>>
>>18117706
I am a woman and can't work trades, unfortunately.
not being a male really makes it difficult to make money and get jobs.
>>
>>18117699
Going to college is a risk, you might land an amazing job or become unemployed at the end of it. You actually have to try hard with your marks, job experience and ECs and compete with your fellow classmates and those from previous years and unis to land a highly competitive role in a top tier company. A Bachelor of Arts isn't useless so long as your major is challenging, hopefully relevant and you're good on the experience + ECs front. Most of my friends who went the humanities route studied a double degree of Law/Arts and have been mostly successful. A lot of my colleagues only did a BA. These guys were exceptional and driven students however and did challenging stuff they were passionate about like Indonesian Studies for instance.

I myself did an engineering degree so I have an outsider impression of this. The majority of people in Arts I met when I was in university were utter drop kicks and unmotivated. You will not get anywhere if you follow in their footsteps (though that's not to say you shouldn't have fun in uni). Furthermore a degree isn't as limiting as you think as you'll end up finding lots of people with unrelated degrees working high level jobs they simply fell into after getting hired for something completely unrelated (like myself). A lot of graduate programs simply ask for a Bachelors, not caring which one so long as your got high marks in it.

I work in the Foreign Affairs department for my country and majority of my colleagues did BAs and some did graduate degrees in it too
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.