[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let me sum up my issue like this: >Having trouble feeling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: GOD.jpg (54KB, 460x459px) Image search: [Google]
GOD.jpg
54KB, 460x459px
Let me sum up my issue like this:

>Having trouble feeling spiritual/close to God in prayer
>All started when I begin to get distracted in prayer/thoughts towards God
>now whenever I think of God, I think of another 3-letter word: sex
>just because its something completely wrong that I should not be thinking about in deep prayer
>when I think or see the cross, I imagine it turn into a cock
>when I think of Jesus, I think of him engaging in a homosexual bang gang with cum shots.

I wouldn't be surprised if my disease spread to any other devout Christians who pass by this thread. It's a simple word connection in the brain, that I don't think can easily be destroyed. You could ruin any other word or concept that you are devoted to by doing this. For this reason, I'm afraid to even go to an actual holy man like a priest for help with this, because I don't want to infect a holy man with my "thought disease".

How can I get rid of these thoughts? Basically, it's like I've added a definition to God, the cross, and Jesus, each one being something sexual, gay, or weird...Is this curable? Or am I stuck with this for life?
>>
What the fuck did I just read

Unsure how to advise
>>
sexual desire and many mental illnesses start at puberty.
>>
You can train your mind, but you will need professional help to do that
>>
>>18117681
Having intrusive thoughts is okay, and talking about it won't contaminate us wtf. But yeah, it's temporary, but it's like the game, losing is too easy, you could try to associate God with something else.
Also, do you have often have sex? It might be because of sexual tension overload
>>
What your having is a very common symptom of OCD in spiritual people. The cycle of guilt continues if you keep feeding it attention.

God would absolutely understand that it's out of your control. If you want it to go away, you need to accept it and not react heavily to it. Let the images flow, let them pass, and continue focusing on prayer. The more emotional reaction you give it, the more it will come.

It takes a bit of time, but it passes. If it gets to a point where it seems unbearable, go see a doctor. There are good medications (Many natural) for OCD if they diagnose you with it.
>>
You're finally seeing the truth, my son.
>>
>>18117681
K Y S
Y
S
>>
>>18117681
When I was a kid, I occasionally and compulsively thought "God is a son of a whore" and felt also tremendous guilt for thinking that, even though I couldn't do anything about it. I thought God may punish me since he is almighty, omniscient and omnipresent. Needless to say nothing happened and am an atheist for a while now.

Confess or just talk to a priest. They are generally very understanding and helpful when you have personal issues, the more when it stands in your way of spiritual salvation. And believe, they probably heard all kinds of batshit insane stories, so, yours is compably and in actuality harmless.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.