[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of my best friends and her fiancé want me to fly across

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: gbXG3jZ.png (484KB, 719x577px) Image search: [Google]
gbXG3jZ.png
484KB, 719x577px
One of my best friends and her fiancé want me to fly across the country to stay with them for a few days. I have been friends with her since we were in middle school, about fifteen years ago, and have known her fiancé for about a decade.

My girlfriend didn't seem to like this idea because my friend is a woman. She has met my friend on several occasions, so she knows about her. I have been very open and honest about my history with this friend. We have never been more than friends and neither of us have ever wanted to be more than friends (we've both dated many different people in the timespan that we have known each other). Is my girlfriend being unreasonable?
>>
Why wouldn't your girlfriend be invited along? But to answer your question, yes your girlfriend is being unreasonable
>>
>>18117549
Nope. If the roles were reversed, do you honestly think it wouldn't bother you? You either make this trip together with your girlfriend, you don't go, or you break up and do whatever you want as a single independent person.

You don't really get to do sleepovers with friends of the opposite sex anymore when you're in a relationship. Maybe SOME couples are "evolved" and unemotional enough to handle things like this, but most are not. Your girlfriend's reaction is totally normal and you should respect her wishes here
>>
>>18117561
OP here. Girlfriend wouldn't be able to take the time off from work, and honestly has no desire to go.

>>18117563
The roles were reversed at one point. She flew out to stay with a (guy) childhood friend and his girlfriend last year. I was totally fine with it.
>>
>>18117568
>OP here. Girlfriend wouldn't be able to take the time off from work, and honestly has no desire to go.
Fair enough, but she's still being unreasonable. Does she display any other signs of insecurity, jealousy or possessiveness?
>>
>>18117563
I comoletely disagree with you anon.

The only reason OPs gf would be uncomfortable with this situation, especially considering that the friend(s) in question are (I assume) in a relatively healthy relationship that does not involve OP romantically in any way, is because she is insecure or does not trust OP. If OPs gf had tangible evidence that OP is likely to be unfaithful, then I could understand the concern, but from what I gather it sounds like OPs gf is being insecure and/or needy.

Obviously you have to pick your battles OP but in this case I would say your gf is being unreasonable and you shouldn't allow her to keep you from doing what you want.
>>
>>18117563
>Maybe SOME couples are "evolved" and unemotional enough to handle things like this, but most are not.
You must be very young if you think this is true.
>>
>>18117570
She does. We've been together a year and a half and she's gotten steadily better about it. She's had bad relationships in the past, so I can understand her insecurity a little. I'm being patient with her. But, after this long, I'd hope she could at least tell that I'm not the cheating type.

>>18117572
My friends have been together for nine years and have been engaged for four.
>>
>>18117582
>She does. We've been together a year and a half and she's gotten steadily better about it. She's had bad relationships in the past, so I can understand her insecurity a little. I'm being patient with her. But, after this long, I'd hope she could at least tell that I'm not the cheating type.
Well if that's how she is, there's really nothing you can do about it. The problem isn't you, it's her. It's up to you to decide what you should do, but I can tell you that it is objectively unreasonable for her to be so against this, especially when she's done the same thing herself
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.