[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> interview with a game company coming up >rehearse over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: giphy (1).gif (273KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
273KB, 320x240px
> interview with a game company coming up
>rehearse over and over my answers to questions like why do I want to work for them
> interview finally comes
> "why do you want to work for ____ games?"
> anxiety kicks in
> end up just saying "because I love video games *awkward pause* and I'd love to be able to contribute my abilities to your company"

....I fucked up didn't I?

Granted the HR guy said the interviewer liked me but I'm worried I fucked up. I was also the first person interviewed for this position so I have a feeling I won't get it anyway.
Other than that one question the convo seemed pretty chill.

But it sucks that that was the one question I was rehearsing for and fucked up my answer.
>>
>game company
Chances are the other applicants are just as autistic, so you should be fine
>>
>>18116829
I'm not autistic but I have social anxiety that I'm constantly fighting to keep under control. I just hope I made a good impression. The next question after that was if I play a lot of video games and asked what games I'm currently playing now.
>>
>>18116845
Probably fine. Only issue I see is that it may not be a super unique answer, but oh well.

I'm sure they want someone who likes games, especially if they asked more about it.
>>
>>18116826
As a former job recruiter for a small software company. don't worry. Unless you're wanting a sales job, we understand interview anxiety. We look at your resume and really only interview to see if you have a positive, productive attitude.
>>
>>18116826
I hate when that sorta thing happens.
I have bad handwriting to boot, so that never helps.
>>
>>18116876
Well the recruiter liked me, but the person interviewing me was a producer. When he went to get the recruiter to come back to lead me back out the recruiter said the producer liked me so I hope it's true and he's not saying that to make me feel hopeful.
>>
Don't worry. I fuck up like this in all my interviews and still get hired. Theres gonna be a lot of much much more nervous people there.
>>
Thanks for the reassurance guys. I remembered I also didn't ask any questions because I blanked again when put on the spot. Since this was for an art position, I'm just hoping my work speaks for itself.
>>
>>18116826
Ur probably okay. Question though. Did they ask you any of those weird ass questions? Like: If you made a game about milk, what kind of cookie would you be? or: If you had one superpower what would it be and would you use it for good or for evil? I hate it when they do that. Always throws you off track because it's so fucking stupid
>>
>>18117943
Nah, no crazy questions. The interview went pretty casual. He ended up asking what games I'm currently playing, what comics I've read, etc.

The producer I interviewed originally was a radio host and is known for being a radio host in the company's video game franchise's universe. The guy himself came off as snarky but he was very cool.
Near the end of the interview he said something along the lines of"....sigh I wish I could draw, I shouldve gone into art" so I said "but you're great as a radio host".
"Yeah that's true"

I'm wondering if I should've said that or not, or if it was cringeworthy. Ugh maybe I'm overthinking this.
>>
>>18117971

You are. They'll either want you, or you want. They had probably already decided within the first 30 seconds you were in that room, if not before. Fortunately you're applying for a skill based job and I'm sure, if your art is good, you'll stand a good chance even if you were a bit quiet in the interview.

Don't worry. You did the best you could and even if you fail, see this as practice.It's good that you've identified where you went wrong and if you are unsuccessful, you can try and change this next time you get an interview.

Good luck anon, I'll cross my fingers for you.
>>
>>18118102
Thank you anon, I truly appreciate it.

How soon should I send an email to thank them for their time? And should I email the hr recruiter or the producer? Problem is I don't have the contact info of the producer, only the hr recruiter
>>
When I went for my job interview I came away thinking no fucking way am I getting this. My mouth went all dry and I couldn't speak, my answers barely made sense. Within half an hour of getting home I got a call saying I had the job. Apparantly I managed to get across the impression I was a team player and a flexible worker and thats what they were looking for, the rest could be learnt on the job.
>>
>>18118127
Oh yeah, at my first job I got a call saying I was hired when I got home from my interview. But in that case I was contacted from an alumni who went to my school who worked there and they really needed people for a new team they were doing.

In this case, I was the first one interviewed for this position, so while I was given positive feedback, I know they'll probably be screening other candidates. The interview was also done at 6pm on a Friday.
>>
There's a bit of luck involved when it comes to how they perceive you.

I would personally go for casual answering rather than rehearsed forced-sounding answers. If you're saying the right kind of things it'll still come off like an interview answer and you'll have a much easier time getting it together. They'll only hear the key points anyway, no one analyses someone's answer in much detail.
>>
Thanks for the advice everyone, that has eased some of my concerns. The next step is, how long should I wait to hear back? Should I wait a week to call back about the job or wait until they call me?

Should I email the producer to thank him for taking the time out to interview me? Problem is I don't have his contact info but I have the phone and email of the hr recruiter.

What should I do next?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.