[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question here, how do I make more money? People who have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1392348993805.png (111KB, 978x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1392348993805.png
111KB, 978x1079px
Serious question here, how do I make more money? People who have side jobs or really any kind of secondary income, what do you do and how do you make it work?

I'm a 31 year old dude living in an apartment with my wife, who can't work due to disability, but gets disability checks every month which help out quite a bit with rent. I have a bachelors degree I got about ten years ago that trebuchet'd me into my first job, then my second job, and I've been at my current job for the past few years making roughly $15/hr.

My student loans are all paid off, I contribute to a 401k, and I have a decent little emergency fund going, but it's still pretty hard for me to pay bills and still have enough saved at the end of the month to make any kind of difference. At this rate I'll probably never have my own house or anything.

I've asked this question before and most people tell me to quit my job and go back to school, but one, I was never any good at school, and two, I can't just quit my job because I need to pay my bills. Theoretically I could do an online degree and still work.

What do you all do for side money?
>>
>>18116293
If your relationship can handle the strain, pick up a second job in something like retail. The pay isn't that great, but as long as you're a good worker and (most importantly) reliable, you can pretty much set your own schedule.

But be warned that working 60+ hours per week, especially between two jobs, is hell on your personal life. It's easy to get burnt out very quickly without even realizing it until you're past the point of no return
>>
>>18116293
>>18116760

Alternately, look for a job that pays cash under the table. Even if it's like $6/hr, $6/hr cash is equal to a $10/hr paycheck
>>
>>18116766
Closer to $9/hr, and $7.75 if you're married, but close enough.

>>18116293
Pic even related, I sell and fix computers on the side. I'm 30, was a retail manager for the last 7 years which has done me well for the job experience cycle, and I'm going back to school to get a degree to make the money. I changed jobs to a front end salesman and I'm making about $22/hr now, If I step up to ASM in this company I'll be making $65k annual vs. the $45k I was making as a GM with my last company. Small steps and hard work, we're in the fine line period between the guys above us who fell into positions and the shitheads at our age group and younger who make us all look terrible. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>18116766
>$6/hr cash is equal to a $10/hr paycheck
ahahahahahah
>>
>>18116786
What part of that is funny? It's roughly correct after taxes and you don't have to report cash.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.