[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever have an old high school friend die in a freak accident?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: feel.jpg (25KB, 473x351px) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
25KB, 473x351px
Anyone ever have an old high school friend die in a freak accident?

She and I were really good friends, but I didn't talk to her much after high-school, my last messages with her were 3 years ago.

I don't really know how to feel. She basically had her whole life ahead of her, had a nice boyfriend, nice career.

She was a really good person. I guess the good really do die young, as cliche as that phrase is.
>>
>>18115914
bump for OP.

Life is strange, is all I can say.
>>
The person I knew wasn't a close friend but was friends with my friends and have done stuff together. He and I were also the drummers in our jazz band in high school. He ended up shooting himself and died in the hospital. I have asked my self the same question OP. I didn't know how to feel. It feels surreal and still does 6 years later. I also never had any close relatives die in my family.
>>
>>18115914
>tfw I killed an high school friend.
>>
>>18115914
Best friend hung himself the next day after I saw him. Apparently he'd been planning it for a few weeks and did it just before we started senior year. It was a surreal feeling when I called his house the next day to see if he wanted to hang out again before we had to go back to school but his mother just stepped away from the phone, said "you tell him" and his dad told me what happened. Honestly reality didn't really hit me until the wake when I saw his body.

What did you need advice on though OP? Coping?
>>
>>18116407

jeez. sorry to hear that man. I feel the same way. its just surreal. The fact that it was a freak accident makes me wonder if it could happen to me or any of my family members today, tomorrow... I never had these thoughts before

>>18116453

that is terrible. I'm sorry you had to go through that. my situation isn't nearly as bad, I won't be going to the wake/funeral because its on the other side of the country, maybe that is a good thing.

I'm not really having a hard time coping, I'm just kind of blown away I guess, like the anon up top said its just surreal. She was such a good person, they both died instantly in a freak accident

I guess I just wanted to know if anyone else had ever felt the same.

I feel like I should have tried to talk to her more and stay in contact after school... now I can't.

Its just making me reevaluate everything. I never felt this way when my grand parents died because it was expected. this? it came out of nowhere. to the last person that deserved it. life really is strange.

I just don't know how to feel
>>
I found my best friend (who lived with me at the time, long story) hanging from a tree one day after school. And my friends brother was stabbed and killed over a drunken argument in grade 12.

So yeah, on top of quite a few other friends I know who committed suicide at an early age it's definitely something i'm accompany to
>>
>>18116558
>I won't be going to the wake/funeral because its on the other side of the country, maybe that is a good thing.
Probably a good thing. Seeing the body shook me a little, other people just cried and stepped outside.

Honestly immediately after I reevaluated a lot of things and tried to see people more often. Things went back to business as usual a few weeks later but then a few more people died in accidents or similar ways to my friend, so it all reset. Since then I've been a bit more indifferent about death and also unsure of how to react about it.
>>
A friend of mine died of heroin overdose a few years after high school. That's as close as it gets for me. I think most of us saw it coming.

He died in august and we live in Arizona. It's miserably hot and a little humid here that time of year. Every august around the date he died I always think about him being on the streets strung out on H and dying. What a terrible way to go.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.