[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I've just created an excel file with "stats"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 43-Shadow_Run_(U)__!__194.png (14KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
43-Shadow_Run_(U)__!__194.png
14KB, 640x448px
So, I've just created an excel file with "stats" of myself like an RPG character, with categories for body, skills and knowledge.

Below the table of stats I laid down the criteria, containing marks I need to hit before I give myself one point up in any of those. So for example, for Strength I've included several press, squat and deadlift goals, and every time I hit one of them I'll increase it by one point. Another example, I have German in the Knowledges category, and I've separated it by different degrees of fluency going from 1 to 9. A few, like Math skills, are harder to quantify, so I just selected a number of increasingly more advanced books and textbooks to learn as the criterion.

The logic I followed is: because I consider RPGs like that to be so addictive, I thought I could turn my life into one and maybe I'll be just as driven to improve myself irl as I am to improve my characters when I play vidya.

Now, two questions:
1. Is this too autistic? Like, as soon as I made it I thought, for the first time, that I might be a bit autistic.

2. Am I going crazy? Should I just not follow through with this for my own good?
>>
Sounds fun, if a bit weird.
Seriously, you're worried about this being too autistic on 4chan of all places? Is /adv/ some sort or closed normalfag ecosystem where this is considered weird?
You're asking a website full of fetishists, sociopaths, edgy schoolchildren and all manner of assorted retards and pretend-retards for approval of your normality.
>>
>>18115200
It sounds fun and healthy.
My ex did something similar to this and he got in shape and graduated 6 months in advance from his masters.

Add a reward system - give yourself free time/money to buy yourself things you want but not need when you upgrade a level.
>>
It's pretty autistic, but that's not a bad thing. Self improvement is self improvement, keep with it.
>>
>>18115200
>1. Is this too autistic? Like, as soon as I made it I thought, for the first time, that I might be a bit autistic.

Maybe in the way you're presenting this is...

However there are plenty of self improvement strategies that basically seek to do the exact same thing, except they use different terminology and call it daily tasks, or goals, or whatever the fuck.

>2. Am I going crazy? Should I just not follow through with this for my own good?

If it works for you, it works for you. Don't mind about what other people think, as long as it gets you to a place where you're happier with your self and your life, awesome, you've found something that the by far VAST majority of people on this planet do not have for themselves and have earnestly been looking for.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.