[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I know if I'm depressed? Most of the time I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nyb087RlxJ1rbfk6oo1_500.jpg (80KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyb087RlxJ1rbfk6oo1_500.jpg
80KB, 500x377px
How do I know if I'm depressed? Most of the time I want to not exist, and occasionally I get hard mood swings which drive me to the brink of tears if I think anything close to sad thoughts. Am I just emotional and weak? I really don't want to kill myself because I know how horrible and devastating it would be on my family to have a child who died before them, especially on purpose. I never bothered with a therapist either cause I heard they'll tell anyone they're depressed now a days.
>>
>>18114959
You could have any number of things. Bipolar disorder, bpd, depression, a weird form of anxiety, even some type of adhd could make this kind of response happen. I'd suggest tracking your moods in a journal to try to find a common denominator - made some foods fuck with you, a lack of exercise or sleep, particularly stressful days, etc. If you can find a common issue, try adjusting it or taking the problem to a professional l. If there doesn't seem to be an underlying cause, still go see a professional and tell them upfront what you're dealing with. A good therapist won't write it off as depression because it's the simplest answer. Don't hesitate to change therapists if you don't feel like their help is adequate.

Source: struggled with what I thought was just depression until finally found a psychiatrist who started treating me for ptsd. World's a better place now.
>>
File: 1437944770898.jpg (80KB, 600x469px) Image search: [Google]
1437944770898.jpg
80KB, 600x469px
>>18114978
>>18114978
The thing is I do keep a journal. It seems as random as it gets because sometimes I feel content with being alone even though I have people around me, and other times Ill get pissed/sad over the smallest of things people to say to me, not to mention I will get really lonely during these times. I find that exercise does help improve my mood, which makes me believe I might have something since it might be some chemical/body imbalance. I just really don't want to feel so itchy for some retribution against myself.
>>
>>18114987
See someone. Maybe look into various disorders beforehand to see if you identify with any particularly strongly do you can take that information to a doctor. Not in an "I think I have this" kind of way but a "this symptom is something I strongly feel I experience" way. Ive found thats been more helpful than anything, having a specific list of things I'd like to try to resolve when going into therapy. But yeah, go see someone about this. You can self-diagnose just about anything. Find a doctor who really listens to you and doesn't immediately jump to prescribbing you meds to make you happy. Good luck
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.