[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got sent to a chemical dependency program and getting told "YOU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 2354253462.png (271KB, 385x354px) Image search: [Google]
2354253462.png
271KB, 385x354px
Got sent to a chemical dependency program and getting told "YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ANOTHER DRINK IN YOUR LIFE" seems 100% unrealistic for me. What do
>>
>>18114504

are you saying that because you haven't hit bottom yet?

or are you saying that because you don't think you even have a problem?
>>
>>18114504

relapse.
>>
>>18114504
It's your fault. You're the one who got to a point where you can no longer be trusted to enjoy in moderation.
>>
>>18114511

I feel like I don't have a problem
>>
>>18114513
What if I'm enthusiast level? Moderation doesnt fit for everyone and everything
>>
>>18114513

I don't know how getting drunk a few times a month isn't moderation. Never drank and drove, etc.
>>
>>18114504

Think of it like this; you have an addictive personality. You are prone to being addicted to substances and completely ruining your life with dependency. Your problem is that you are INCAPABLE of moderation. If you had the capacity to moderate you wouldn't be in rehab.

Lets say after you get clean and go through the program you feel like having a drink again. Maybe you can have just one drink and move on. Maybe two or three. Maybe you get drunk once a week. Maybe twice. Maybe you completely undo all the work you did and completely slip back into dependence and ruin your life.

Is it worth it? Is having another drink worth the risk?

That's a question you have to answer on your own. I'm sure their position is always going to be not to risk it, but ultimately no one can decide that for yourself but you.
>>
>>18114504
sure i can, hold my liver.
>>
>>18114504

Why were you sent to a chemical dependency program?

Is this some situation where you have overly protective parents? Or are you in legal trouble?
>>
>>18114539

I tried to kill myself and got put in a hold and they determined it was because I was drinking too much.
>>
>>18114553

Ah.

Sorry man, sounds like you might need some help.

How much were you drinking?

No judgement here, I'm an alcoholic, just trying to get an idea of the situation.
>>
>>18114573

I was drinking once or twice a week.

I used to smoke weed every day during college because all of my roommates did it and it was the only time when we got along.

I'm prescribed xanax too. I don't fucking understand the medical establishment.
>>
>>18114580

I'll take what you say as truth, because I know I've had past issues completely ignored because doctors or other professionals have told me that everything would get better if I stopped drinking.

If what you're saying is true, it's absolute bullshit.

Alcohol is a boogeyman to a lot of healthcare professionals, and an easy scapegoat for a lot of problems. It does cause problems for many, but too many professionals think that's where the problem starts and ends.

Not drinking again is a very difficult, unrealistic thing to achieve for the normal person that has friends that drink. If your friends are part of a religious group or something, not so bad, but booze is ubiquitous in socializing.

I'd say listen to the people advising you, but remain aware that there isn't a one size fits all approach. I hope you feel better and don't hurt yourself again.
>>
>>18114519
abstaining is the sane option if you can't handle something in moderation

the other option is no self control at all
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.