[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/. I'm a neet trying to get my life together and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1485373346939.png (291KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
1485373346939.png
291KB, 750x366px
Hi /adv/. I'm a neet trying to get my life together and part of that is looking more presentable so I can get a decent job. The thing is I'm completely retarded when it comes to my hair. How do I:

>effectively describe what kind of haircut I want (due to being a poor neet I have no smartphone so just pulling up a picture is out of the question)
>know what to look for in a barber
>find a good barber in my area

btw I'm a guy
>>
>>18114215

what you want and what your hair is capable of are two different things. im severely limited due to poor hairline and really thing hair, it has to be soemwhat long to do anything with whereas other men can go a lot shorter and have much more versatile hair.

for the most part you can go in and use one of the example pictures they have on the wall and say
>that, but a little longer on top if you can.

as for AFTER the haircut, it comes down to styling. you can literally google 'hair tutorial for men (or guys)' and look through all the tutorials and see what comes up.

i adore men with curly hair, so i typed in 'curly hair tutorial for men' and tried it out and it worked great.

they'll also recommend different hair products.

one thing i learned the hard way is that you should use both gel and hairspray if your hair is 'up' in any way. gel/paste is used for styling it the way you want, and hair spray is what holds it in to place.

wish i knew that year sago. i spend half my life trying to fix my hair every thirty seconds. not anymore.
>>
>>18114215

Most hair salons have magazines full of hairstyles to reference
>>
>>18114229
That's another thing, apparently salons and barber shops are really different? The past couple times I've gone to the same salon my mom goes to and I felt like a massive faggot, are barber shops generally the way to go for a more masculine feel?
>>
>>18114226
>that, but a little longer on top if you can
I'm retarded when it comes to styles but I keep seeing people with really short sides and then the top is noticeably thicker and it stands out and I don't want something like that. How would you describe a short haircut that's longer on top but not noticeably longer so it kind of blends together? Last time I got it get it was longer on top but it was tapered or something so it looked like I had a mushroom head which is why I want to get it right his time. Abouy my hair:

>thin I guess
>light brown/sandy blonde
>>
>>18114253

by just saying that to your hair dresser and praying
>>
>>18114270
That's why I'm so stressed the fuck out about this. I've been meaning to get it cut for like a month now and every time I'm ready to do it I get too anxious and am like "okay, maybe in a couple days". If I knew what to look for in a barber and how to describe what I want I'd feel a lot better because then at least if it turns out bad it's the barber's fault and not mine for being hair retarded.
>>
>>18114274

grow up
>>
>>18114325
What does that have to do with getting a decent haircut?
>>
>>18114332
>That's why I'm so stressed the fuck out about this. I've been meaning to get it cut for like a month now and every time I'm ready to do it I get too anxious and am like "okay, maybe in a couple days". If I knew what to look for in a barber and how to describe what I want I'd feel a lot better because then at least if it turns out bad it's the barber's fault and not mine for being hair retarded.

everything.
>>
>>18114338
How about instead of being a passive-aggressive intentionally vague fuckwit and wasting both your time and mine you give some actual constructive advice or fuck off to another thread?
>>
>>18114340

>give some actual constructive advice

i did: grow up. here's a variation: man up.

you literally need to mature in order to get past haircut anxiety.

>instead of being a passive aggressive

there was nothing passive about what i said. Nor was there anything aggressive, just blunt.

trust me ive been in your situation, not just with hair, but with many things. sometimes the best advice is to GROW UP and just go to the barber and figure it out.
>>
>>18114350
That's the exact kind of mentality that left me with shitty haircuts to begin with. Not knowing how to find a good barber or how to even describe what kind of haircut I want but "manning up" and doing it anyway because I just needed it cut. If your definition of "manning up" is doing shit sheerly out of necessity without any extra thought you can go fuck yourself. That answers absolute zero of my questions and is entirely irrelevant to any of the questions I have.
>>
>>18114363

sorry

>grow up
>PLUS ALL THE OTHER EXTRA THOUGHT ADVICE I GAVE YOU EARLIER IN THE FUCKING THREAD ( >>18114226 )

better?
>>
>>18114367
That was all very good advice but you directly followed it up with "just say and pray" which isn't exactly informative or helpful. Do you have any advice on how to communicate more effectively, or common things to avoid saying/make sure you say?
>>
>>18114376

>that was all very good advice but you directly followedi t up with ''just say and pray''

yeah. cuz tahts what you do. you can't psychic your barber, and even if they have examples of other peoples hair they've cut (they don't) it wouldn't apply to you.

after explaining what you want via picture and basic description all you can do is sit back and pray. no, there is not some magical third option that lets you see what your hair will look like when its done. finding a good barber means bouncing around from barber to barber until you find one that cuts your hair right.

you can go fuck yourself btw.
>>
>>18114385
By "what to look for in a barber" I mean are there certain things that they advertize that are red flags or that I should otherwise look out for?

>you can go fuck yourself btw.
Thanks for at least being aggressive directly this time.
>>
>>18114398

avoid cheap.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.