[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get good at math/physics? I've always been terrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1437951921890.jpg (13KB, 236x206px) Image search: [Google]
1437951921890.jpg
13KB, 236x206px
How do I get good at math/physics?

I've always been terrible with everything involving numbers with the exception of (some parts of) chemistry, and now that I'm studying for college it seems I'm getting my ass beaten again (no, I'm not underage, I just stayed away from education for a few years). How do I get good at this shit? I NEED to get good at this, the entry grade for my course is pretty high and my proficiency in humanities and biological sciences aren't enough.

>inb4 exercise
I try to but I almost always get the answer wrong and can't manage to learn how to get to the results.
>>
Study, study, and more study. Watch YouTube videos, and ask help from your teacher.
>That's what I did.
>I'm mentally challenged.
> Still got 70%. Oh yeah baby.
>>
https://www.khanacademy.org/
>>
>>18113383
>This
Try to understand the concepts then solve some problems
>>
>>18113353
Understand the concepts. Only use raw memory for the very basic stuff and maybe a couple specific and frecuent cases.

In math: try to translate it into real world situations. Earnings and debt are a good concrete representation that you can use.

In physics: be sure to understand how the variation of each relevant property changes the state of the system. If you have 2 bodies in a vaccum and double the separation between them, how does that affect the gravitational pull? what if you double the mass of one object? etc.

And yeah, doing many exercises is the way to go. But learn concepts and methods, not just the answer to an specific case.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.