[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Im studying a Science degree, majoring in Physics, and I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (27KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
27KB, 470x313px
So Im studying a Science degree, majoring in Physics, and I have the opportunity to change to Engineering. Doing so would add two years of study to my uni, and Ive been in for 2 already, but having a BE would be better for jobs than a BSc, right?

What do?
>>
Yes, physics is worthless to employers.
>>
If it were me, I would stick with physics and work in the public sector or finance
>>
>>18113581
HA. That's hilarious. If OP wants to do that route he better be at a stunning university.

Otherwise OP, a bachelor's in physics won't do much for you. If you don't intend to continue with the degree engineering is a better option.
>>
If you can go on and do a PhD, by all means stick with physics. If you don't want to or can't, engineering is the best bet for job stuff.

I mean you could do an engineering PhD if you'd prefer. The subject is less important, but you'll need to like the subject matter to get through the PhD.
>>
>>18113317
Stem is a meme if you haven't figured it out already. Focus on internships and jobs, not your major. I guarantee you won't even be working in your field
>>
>>18113588
According to my retired NATO and NRL grandfather and all of the USAF pilots, I've spoken to, the school itself does matter nearly as much as what you did there. I can't say for finance though, I have no interest in it
>>
>>18113607
The problem is its not a major, in NZ you have it as a seperate degree entirely, and internships in physics are few and far between
>>
>>18114165
I dunno how NZ is doing these days, but if it's anything like anywhere else you're fucked. Even our computer engineers are getting fucked because it turns out poo in the loo isn't just a meme. I'm not trying to come off as a doomsayer; I'm just letting you know you should brsce for impact. Engineering is "better" but only if you enjoy it and get internships. If not then you're screwed. Think of it this way. Would you rather be unemployed with an engineering degree or a physics degree?
>>
physics from a top level program could get you a job in finance. if you're smart enough to graduate from a strong program you're smart enough to work for them.

more importantly, figure out what job you want first, then decide what they're looking for in the "perfect" candidate and plan accordingly.

what would be your engineering dream job? or whatever else interested you, find their job listing or a similar listing and see who they're looking for. Do as much research as possible, its the biggest decision of your life.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.