[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of these is better: >Jiu-Jitsu/Muay Thai School >The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1463106099978.jpg (108KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463106099978.jpg
108KB, 640x960px
Which of these is better:

>Jiu-Jitsu/Muay Thai School
>The people there think I'm too intense sometimes, but they're not openly mean or critical
>Some people have told me I'm too aggressive though? I can't even tell honestly
>Somewhat informal at times, not a huge amount of structure
>Going there will feel awkward because some guy got mad at me the last time I went there
>School is somewhat expensive
>A lot of classes available in the week

or

>Akido/Krav Maga School with some Jiu-Jitsu and Taekwondo techniques
>Very strict compared to the other school
>People seem friendly, but the strictness makes me anxious about being social and keeping my autism in check
>School is much cheaper
>Not as many classes per week
>They don't know as much Jiu-Jitsu it seems, but they say it doesn't matter
>For example, I rolled with one of the black belts, and managed to sweep him, and get him in side control, plus avoided an ankle lock
>Apparently he got his black belt after five years? Is that normal?
>Say they won't allow me to attend another school if I go there
>>
>>18112048
The first one. Definitely the first one.
>>
>>18112052
Can I ask why? I'm a naive yellow belt and have no idea what I'm doing
>>
it depends on what you want out of your training.

assuming neither one is a bullshit school, the JJ training tends to give a more direct feedback on what you're studying. "if I do this, opponent can get a choke on me and i have to give up." Its a pretty power correction compared to striking training, where punches have to be pulled all the time for practical reasons, making it hard to gauge your technique.

as far as attitude, it sounds like you've already decided.
>>
>>18112048
Simple answer, vet the instructor via their reviews. Ask yourself why you are studying martial arts, should you be taking combatives for practicality or are you in it for purely competitive/health aspects. I'm fortunate to have Graciela Casillas teaching at our community college. One of her eskrima students btfo some jack ass breaking into his car a few years back.
>>
>Akido is the stricter practice
>Jiu-jitsu taken by pansies
>Kido guys that literally incorporate other prac's techniques says you are forbidden from learning other arts

OP you are in bizarro world. As a black belt in WTF taekwondo, your entire post sounded backwards from my experience
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.