[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can one feel like they are trapped in a girl's body

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

How can one feel like they are trapped in a girl's body with the mind of a guy and vice versa? How can you "feel" like a guy or a girl trapped in anything if you've never even experienced being one in the first place?
>>
>>18111997
They don't know, all they know is that they feel 'wrong' as the person they are. 'Uncomfortable in their own skin', feels like they're 'in the wrong body', etc. It sounds like severe anxiety more than anything, but I'm no doctor. Nowadays we actually have the technology to turn such uncomfortable people into the gender they thought they were supposed to be, only for them to discover that their bodies weren't the source of their problems at all.
>>
>>18111997
If you're a girl you're a girl. You can be masculine and act like a guy but you're still a girl. There's no such thing as being trapped inside a body that's not yours. Your body is yours and pumping it full of drugs won't help things.
>>
>>18111997
its low self esteem, not entrapment.
>>
>>18111997

you see what the other gender is going through and that feels better than the stuff people are forcing you to do.

it has nothign to do with your actual genitalia. most of what we consider to be a girl thing really is a social construct.

here is what we consider to be a female trait:
>long hair on the head
>shaved everywhere else
>long nails
>soft skin
>dresses
>nice / fruity smells

all of which is artificial. long hair is just natural for any human who doesn't get a haircut. we associate it with women / feminimity for literally no reason.

>shaved everywhere else

not natural at all. women have hair. almost all of them. the reason we actually like this is because we are genetically programmed to want to fuck pre-teens, because if you start fucking them before puberty you know that as soon as they are able to get pregnant, they will get pregnant.

>long nails

also the default state for any human who doesn't clip them, though the idea of nails being feminine makes a LITTLE sense when you think of a woman being so well taken care of that her nails can grow without breaking and look nice. even in cave people days this could be a sign that she is such a high quality woman that her male provides for her.

>soft skin

while estrogen does provide a little more softness than males, it once again points to pre teens. doesn't matter what gender, the younger you are the softer your skin is.

>dresses

man made clothes that have nothing to do with genitallia other than what you assign to them. most early forms of clothing were dress like for both men and women. look around at other cultures or even early america and you'll see.

>nice / fruity smells

again, artificial. anyone who exists in the wild smells pretty bad.

so they like these things, which have nothing to do with their genitallia, but society insists only people with certain genitallia are allowed to like these things.

so they assume they were born wit hthe wrong genitals.
>>
I have a friend who recently admitted to me that she was a transguy. She told me that she knew she was different for as long as she could remember and that how 'that' part of her body was different from a regular girl's. She thinks because of that, her reasons are more justified to going through hormones and surgery than one of 'those tumblr trannies.'
What I'm asking is, even with those reasons, is it still okay? She says injecting testosterone makes her feel a lot better about herself. She says it makes her a lot happier. But why wouldn't staying as a girl give her any less chance of being happy?
>>
>>18112075
shes full of shit, its low self esteem. i used to dress like a guy in 9th grade and i thought that i was bisexual, it ended up me just thinking im ugly and wishing that i looked like most other pretty girls. now that i look pretty, i could care less about how other women dress or act.
>>
>>18112075

hard to say. some people are never going to bew your idea of healthy or normal. and even if they could be, you arent sure how to get them there.

the best you can do sometimes is support someone until they are unworthy of your support.

someone who comes out as gay isnt suddenly a bad person, so keep your gay friend. but if he sudden;y becomes a bitchy cunty man queen, then its probably time to cut ties.

with your friend as long as they're happy and not doing any obvious destruction to you or themselves, and you can bare to be their friend, why not bare it?
>>
>>18111997
Rigid understanding of how men and women can express themselves. Literally everything >>18112049 mentions is tolerated male behavior in the first world.
>>
>>18112096
She is very pretty, or was. And even now she knows it but to her it just didn't feel right. She was very popular with the guys but she didn't like it because it hurt her masculinity. I think it also has to do with her being not remotely attracted to guys.
>>
>>18111997
It's a confusion wth gender stereotypes and a form of dysphoria.
I literally took a graduate level class on gender identity in order to better understand it so I wouldn't speak ignorantly about things like queer theory and let me tell you- it is a load of shit. Yes, people feel that way. No, you are not born feeling that way. Gender is a social construct- a menthod of categorizing and communicating.

These gender confusion happens when one grows up learning these gender patterns and abides by them too much.
They think "I have a penis, but I like being protected and vulnerable and gentle like a woman- so I much actually be a woman". In reality, the individual is a man with a stereotypically "feminine" mindset. People tell that individual "that's wrong, boys are aggressive and strong and smart!" And the individual thinks "well then I will belong if I am a girl, because this is the way I am"

This can lead to feelings of dysphoria, aka feeling uncomfortable in one's own skin.

Being "transgender" exists in all cultures throughout time because of people who abide by the binary without being able to fully comprehend that their sex and gender are not tied
>>
>>18112179
So, what's the deal with people who say they're gender nonbinary?

I can't really wrap my head around why they can't just go with one or the other.
>>
File: 1428162131199.png (878KB, 2560x2489px) Image search: [Google]
1428162131199.png
878KB, 2560x2489px
>>18112117

>men wearing dresses is tolerated
>>
>>18112075
>'that' part of her body was different from a regular girl's
What does this mean? Like an unusually big clitoris or something?
>>
>>18112210
Those are people who think that the whole system is fucked, and that it's better to just be neither. Those people identify as "queer".

The problem with that is that gender helps us communicate. Just by looking at another girl, I can make assumptions- like that I cannot produce an offspring with her, that perhaps she likes some of the same "girly" things that I do, that she maybe wants to have a family one day. They are assumptions and sometimes they are proven wrong after you've interacted with someone, but it helps to give you a starting place on how to approach someone. So, although the gender binary doesn't need to be followed to a T (boys can be fragile, girls can be tough), it is useful for assumption making and communication.

Personally I'm more a fan of trans people than queer people.
The real kicker is that lots of trans people are queer, which is REALLY confusing. I don't know how you can be in favor of dismantling a system while simultaneously basing your entire identity on the gender binary. Very confusing stuff. Lots of it, even the scholarly work like Judith butler and focoult, is very contradictory.
>>
>>18112217
That and she told me she secretes semen but with no sperm. I asked her how she knew it was semen but then I realize that its hard not to tell the difference between regular pussy juice and actual semen.
>>
>>18112211
Yes.
>>18112210
They can't accept feminine or masculine traits being performed by men or women respectively, that is their thinking is extremely binary.
They also can't mentalize well enough to see that it's not the prevailing view.
New category is needed to contain the 'anomaly'.
>>
people who are saying it's a low self esteem issue are forgetting there are children that identify with another gender at a very young age before they would even care about self esteem, and don't have any family trauma or horrible upbringing. it's more like a disassociation with gender roles and being more or less feminine/masculine than expected for your gender.
for example, a woman who feels trapped in a man's body may not have typical male qualities; they may be much more nurturing, empathetic, emotional, and other feminine traits not usually associated with men, and feel no connection to their physical body. having surgery or drugs is like trying to solidify the identity and make it permanent, but I think it really resides in the mind, and if you're the type of person to believe in past lives, perhaps comes from a strong connection to a previous body.
>>
>>18111997
They can't. Men have no idea what it's like to be a woman and viceversa. It's probably some mental disorder. As a tomboy I always found this concept to be kinda ridiculous. The things I like and how I dress don't make me a man.
>>
>>18112331

You fucking moron. I can't believe you fucking wrote that piece of shit you fucking dickhead. In case you haven't fucking realised, no one in the fucking world can know what it's like to be another fucking person, this is like the most basic and essential fucking thing out there, you absolute dickhead. There is no possible way for me to get outside of my head and into yours, and vice versa.

>The things I like and how I dress don't make me a man.
>As a tomboy

The entire fucking function of a tomboy is akin to a "girl that doesn't like being girly", that's almost fuck all to do with trans issues in the first fucking place.

The problem is largely that people divide based on random shit like gender, assuming that like, a man drinking a coffee and a woman drinking having a coffee are a completely different experience. Men and women aren't fucking opposites as everyone parades around saying, they're just two different genders, a man isn't the fucking opposite of a women. If you can fucking comprehend for two seconds that out of 7 billion people alive, there is CLEARLY scope for some men to relate more to women, and some women to relate more to men.

Another huge problem is that we conflate all the fucking shit together in one big idiotic mess. The only fucking mental disorder is going through life thinking "Men are like this and women are like that".
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.