[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you managed to reinvent yourselves while going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 2Q==.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
2Q==.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
Have any of you managed to reinvent yourselves while going to college? What did you do and what were the results?
>>
yeah, I went from a shut in, socially awkward avoident, to a fun social party girl.

A few things allowed this to happen:

First of all, I started taking classes about subjects i was actually interested in, and made real connections with classmates that way.

I started drinking and smoking weed. This put me in a different head space where I enjoyed going out and socializing more. It also allowed me to be more open with my emotions/needs/opinions.

I decided to say "yes" to everything for a month. If people asked me to go hiking with them I would say "yes," even if I didn't want to. If they asked me to play basketball I would say "yes," If people wanted to take me out to dinner I would say "yes." If they asked me if I would do mushrooms with them, I would say "yes." You get the picture.

What you work on also works on you.
>>
>>18111874

i think its less about reinvention and more about self discovery.

i moved around a lot in highschool so every time i moved i was able to try new things without being judged for having a radical change.

people act like trying new things is somehow wrong, that it can't be okay because if it was you you would have magically been doing it since you were a baby.

its okay to try new things and if you dont like them as much, scale it back.
>>
sort of. in highschool i was an invisible loser so i wanted to change that in college. on some level i did, made friends and went to parties, drank alot, got laid for the first time and all that

i overdid it though and i got kicked out of my living situation for some really dumb shit, ended up blowing off school pretty much entirely and failed a bunch of classes

so idk have your fun but keep your head on straight. easier sad than done and i definitely wouldnt have listened to me when i was 18

ive been out of college for a while and im still an invisible loser so end of the day not much has changed
>>
>>18112086
How did conversations come up in class? How do you just start talking to someone you don't know? It seems so awkward and fake.

So you were already socially competent enough to be invited places. i think you're starting on a much higher level. Along those same lines, you can't say 'yes' to things if people don't ask you anything.

I'm glad you were able to change your life though. Hopefully for the better
>>
>>18112086
>I started drinking and smoking weed
>said yes to everything for a month
>if they asked me if I would do mushrooms with them, I would say yes

I've heard some pretty sad shit on this board, and that ranks up there. Shut in? Start doing drugs, that'll fix your problem!
>>
I don't know if it's considered reinventing myself, but I know I certainly 'blossomed into a woman.' In high school I was nerdy and stuck to my friends, while I started to take care of my looks and branched out socially in university. It didn't happen all in one go though, it happened gradually over a few years.
>>
I went from being fairly popular and well liked in high school to repulsive and vile in college.

Not sure how it all happened but I'm a hopeless jackass now. Make decent money though, so there's that.
>>
No. College is just a means to an end. I went to college because I wanted to get an education and I finished as soon as possible. I have a whole life to constantly reinvent myself. If you're not constantly reinventing yourself then something is going wrong. It's not, let's go to college and make up for what was lacking in the past, or, let's go to college and reinvent myself and that's it for the rest of my life. Rather, I think of it as just a stepping stone, a place to truly learn, may be have easier access to things that I normally wouldn't. But in the end, I went in, learned, got out and now I'm in a successful career that'll propel me into something meaningful for my life.

That's something I have an issue with. Most people think it's the place to "omg it's college now, let loose, find your personality, who you are and just enjoy life and your newfound self confidence" but it's not just that.
>>
>>18112086
>I decided to say "yes" to everything for a month.

:)
>>
>>18112086
"Hey anon, let's use some drugs, rape bitches and kill our families?" "Yeah, sure"
>>
>>18111874
I went from being a idiotic self centered kid, to being an asshole, stuck up and just overall unpleasant person. I realised about that during the last year and I've tried to dial that down quite a bit. I'm trying to be friendly to everyone and avoid making fun of people and shit.

I agree with the anon that said that it takes time, I was the same retard for the first year.

Just remember that loads of people are in the same situation, new place, insecure, so you're not being singled out. And yeah, strike a conversation: hey do you have a pen? Sorry I always forget mine. Hey, nice to meet you, my name is Anon. (You give back the pen and the next class you have someone to say hi to)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.