[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get over a fear of having people looking at you/being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1370904988722.jpg (126KB, 700x711px) Image search: [Google]
1370904988722.jpg
126KB, 700x711px
How do you get over a fear of having people looking at you/being the center of attention?

I don't have social anxiety, at least not to the point where I break down and can't function. I get nervous in some situations, but again, I'm able to function.

I just HATE being the center of attention. I hope having to raise my voice to speak to one person across the room and the entire room can listen in on the conversation. I just hate knowing that everyone can hear what I'm saying. I hate having all eyes on me.

I'm wanting to get into a career in healthcare, namely a job as an EMT this summer and I will undoubtedly have people look at me as I work.

How the fuck do I just stop caring?
>>
File: 1401959888789.jpg (245KB, 2048x1322px) Image search: [Google]
1401959888789.jpg
245KB, 2048x1322px
bump
>>
>>18111001
Wish i could help but i have full blown social anxiety and am.on verge of spilling vomitus everywhere
>>
>>18111001
Practice exposing yourself to people.
>>
>>18111244
I do that.

Well, I work a job that forces me into social interaction constantly and I'm around people all the time (retail). Yet, I still feel that sensitivity towards having all eyes on me.

I'm fine with a one on one conversation, but suddenly when I'm "on display" and I have a group of eyes on me I begin to feel uncomfortable. Not necessarily nervous, but I get a sense of extra insecurity and that everyone is hanging onto every word I say and reading into it, which is obviously not true but that fact doesn't really change the way I feel in the moment.

It's like during that time I feel on edge and am basically living my life like I'm being recorded on camera and I'm mindful of every little nuance and action I do and how my voice sounds and dips with every word.

I just become a colossal cluster fuck of insecurity and self scrutiny and can't be at ease.
>>
>>18111326
I had the same issues when changing schools, OP. Like everybody had their eyes on me and constantly judged me for the each inhale and exhale I make. But that anxious part of me slowly died off when I got used to the people in my class and got to know them a little.
But eh, getting to know everyone is almost impossible while dealing with customers at a retail. Maybe imagine them being your long-known friends? Remembering that the customer you're dealing with will probably never meet you again?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.