[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parents guilt tripped me since childhood and still do to this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Blood_Axe_Boy.png (1MB, 988x1132px) Image search: [Google]
Blood_Axe_Boy.png
1MB, 988x1132px
My parents guilt tripped me since childhood and still do to this day.
As much as I want to happily tell them a proper "FUCK OFF", I can't.
Is there a more civilized way of telling them so?
>>
>>18110340
Move out.
>>
>>18110515

this
>>
>>18110515
I moved out sometime ago.
>>
>>18110340
Move out.
Lead the life you want to lead.
Be successful and happy.
>>
>>18110567

then it depends on what they guilt trip you about. but a solid

>stop doing that

followed by hanging up if they persist is a good idea
>>
>>18110569
Thank you.
>>
>>18110579
I don't want to pour my whole life out but I'll do my best to summarize.

>be told "we haven't heard from you, you don't love us?"
>be told "we want to be around people that want us to be around them"
> be told "you are ungrateful and direspectful to me, I have done everything for you" (after picking up Mom from the airport at 10pm and her wanting to go grocery shopping and move furniture, when I have work at 4am.)

It's stuff like that, I try to be polite and tell them to stop. But it just snowballs. If it was outside the family I just tell them to "fuck off" and leave. To be honest it's getting to the point where I would meltdown on them.
>>
>>18110613

we dont know their history with you so we cant say how exactly you disrespect them.

sometimes there is no REAL answer to your problem.

you either stomach it as is, or take some action. both have consequences, but both have its benefits.

good luck
>>
>>18110621
Thanks, I kind of had the same feeling that I'm going to have to handle this on my own.

I appreciate the advice. Cheers.
>>
>>18110630

good luck brother. family stuff is rough.
>>
>>18110340
Do not accept the guilt. If you have nothing to feel guilty about, then don't feel guilty.
>>
>>18110797
This is something I need to keep in mind. Thanks for the advice, cheers.
>>
>>18110613
what do they do when you point out to them that they're guilt tripping you
>>
>>18111235
They get upset and throw more guilt trips out. By that point I just shut down.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.