[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /adv/ I wanted your advice on how to let go of jealousy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 2012-01-04-Eat_Shit_And_Die_202.jpg (446KB, 650x1976px) Image search: [Google]
2012-01-04-Eat_Shit_And_Die_202.jpg
446KB, 650x1976px
Sup /adv/

I wanted your advice on how to let go of jealousy. I know I'm in the wrong but this shit is hard to ignore.

>in music production team with partner
>partner works another job most of the week
>I dont work rn bc im a piece of shit; all my time goes into music production
>I produce 80% of our music
>I bust my ass to make up for his lack of involvement
>partner always talks about how much hes improved his work
>lol

months of this later...

> contact who got us into the industry gets him a job as a studio assistant

>god fucking damn it

I'm happy he got the job but I think my resentment from doing the majority of the work is killing me. How do I just let it go and focus on the fact that I'm doing a good job ?
>>
That comic hit me so hard. Thank you.

I know this gets thrown around a lot, but you need to tell your friend how you feel and see what can be worked out. If he agrees with you, you can talk to the studio manager with him and see what can be done. If he disagrees with you, he will be a drag on you in the long run. See if you can work yourself in with that contact or any others and further your own interests.

Also try to think of why he would get the position instead of you. Does he take more initiative? Was the contact his own? Is he more sociable? There is much more to life and success than direct hard work.

Either way, action is preferable. The jealousy will eat at your relationship and eventually there will be no way to resolve this by speaking to him.
>>
>>18109936
Right? I love that comic. It's too real.

Thanks for your advice, I know its something I have to confront; just hearing other people's opinions helps me center myself. It's true, the contact is his but we signed on through that guy as a team. I've tried to speak with him about setting goals or how I'm unhappy with the work balance but it sends him into an over defensive mode which ruins his already lacking contribution.

Honestly, typing all of this out and examining it is really just making me feel like a bitch for putting up with this shit in the first place. Business aside, I am very close friends with this person so it's difficult. I never understood that saying about work and friends until now
>>
>>18109951
He doesn't sound like a good partner or a friend. Do whatever you can to increase your position without him, especially if he's getting defensive and denying that you did most of the work. Try talking to his contact and show him some of your own stuff that you make independently from your friend, or even easier, join another team. Putting yourself out there is just as important as making the music.

Unfortunately there is a chance that this is a breaking point for you guys right now. Use whatever you can to be successful, but don't stoop low. Your friend may just want this badly for some reason and it may not be easily understood. Be the better man at heart and at work.
>>
>>18109959
Yea you are right. My intention isn't to do anything shady at all, but I should still look out for my own interests too. I just feel used as of now. Thanks for your help
>>
File: 1375251237985.png (43KB, 542x602px) Image search: [Google]
1375251237985.png
43KB, 542x602px
I want a girlfriend.
>>
>>18110004
you can do it, i believe
>>
>>18110015
I've had plenty of chances but the autism is too strong. Chads are too powerful to resist and jamals are smooth and exotic. I'm working to become one of them but it takes time.
>>
>>18110004
We have each other, no matter if we have GF's or not.

Love is on the horizon and we shall be happy. Patience and effort will always bring us one step closer.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.