[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some college advise. I don't come to this board,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: WPS.jpg (903KB, 1360x907px) Image search: [Google]
WPS.jpg
903KB, 1360x907px
I need some college advise. I don't come to this board, but I was going to post this on /pol/ before I realized that's a retarded idea.

I'm enrolled as a chemistry major right now. It's a worthwhile field of study, but I'm simply not interested. I've always had piss poor study ethic (nigger tier behavior I know), but it seems like even when I'm trying to focus it's still a high internal hurdle. That said, I always have a lower tier history or social science class that I always excel in. I know the value of one of those degrees, but the prospect of self-actualization is enticing. Throughout my high school and college careers, I've tended to be a stand-out remarkable student in these classes.
>>
A wealthy family member is completely bankrolling my education, but if I keep fucking up these classes or pick a weak degree I wouldn't consider it very principled to keep leeching off of her. I don't even know if she'd consider it a sound familial investment, even though she has plenty of money to hand off.

Finally, I have a belligerent but well-meaning older brother that is my roommate. My perpetual troubles in school are driving him mad, as are his reactions to such driving me mad. He doesn't seem to trust me or have confidence in me at this point, and I can't really blame him. I've repeatedly lied about my status in school as I was failing (with intention and failure to resolve these problems at my own discretion), and have repeatedly been caught in my lies and confronted with them. He has had his own problems in his early college career, but now he is in the later part of it and is doing significantly better. He's naturally more aggressive and confrontational, though, and I feel like his criticisms are more destructive than constructive. Our lease ends in May, and he's looking for our next house to stay in. Our combined housing budget affords us some great houses to stay in, and apparently he can put up with me longer than I can put up with him. He doesn't know I'm still greatly considering moving out separately, but I feel like I'm taking more of a mental and emotional toll in my life by staying with him than I could be otherwise.

It's a conundrum for me to navigate, but perhaps a new perspective will come from my dumping this on you all.
>>
Hey, i'm a chem e, nice to meet you.
sounds like you need some inspiration.
Why don't you watch some nottingham science videos?
Talk to your teachers to inspire you.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.