[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

g'day cunts , its another nervous uni breakdown thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: images-5.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
g'day cunts , its another nervous uni breakdown thread

>be me
>about 3 quarters through first year of uni
>am art fag
>last class
>some fucker stole my seat
>walk around but no wheres any good
>lecturer puts me next to adorable quiet girl
>she seems nice , wears black mainly and made a comment about my maiden shirt once
>awkwardly pull out laptop and get to work
>self conscious she hates me
>power on 11%
>fuck.jpg
>take 2 minutes asking her if its cool if she plugs it in for me
>she smiles and says " yeah sure " and doesn't think anything of it
> i wanna talk to her but im too beta and socially retarded
>how do i do it guys ?
>>
>im too beta and socially retarded
This is your problem. I'm actually socially awkward, so don't go thinking I say this in a "The Game" retarded kind of way. But being assertive is important for having smooth and more significant relationships or encounters (not only with cute girls)

So, you are anxious, and feel (irrationally) threatened when talking to people, specially if you give a damn about their opinion. Instead of answering to the perceived threat with evassivenes, go an act confrontation. In a flee-or-fight situation, you have to start "fighting". Take the lead, and after being asked something, include a question of your own in the answer.

You'll be a bit too agressive at first, but eventualy will get the hang of it. If you ever do something embarrassing while using this strategy, remind yourself that this situation probably won't meantoo much for the other person, and that they'll forget about it sooner than you, therefore, being overtly afraid of embarrasement is irrational.
>>
>>18109069
thanks anon you've actually helped me quite a bit guess i'll try and do that tomorrow
>>
>>18109108
No problem dude. If I had to add something, I'd say that taking it as a challenge might get you in the mindset.

It's just what I did. I'm still improving, but I'm no longer considered socially awkward by people who I just met, so I'm confident it can help you at least a bit.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.