[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a homeless man who I occasionally see on my daily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1480469245129.png (317KB, 582x516px) Image search: [Google]
1480469245129.png
317KB, 582x516px
There's a homeless man who I occasionally see on my daily commute. We're on first name basis and I often give him a cig when I see him (I don't tend to carry spare change around) and even buy him a sandwich every now and again.
The thing is, I saw him earlier tonight and after i'd bought him a sandwich, he asked if I could give him my mobile number so be could contact me if he desperately needed help and possibly sit down with him at a computer to help him fill in job applications. I am a massive shut in who has a small panic attack whenever a family member calls me let alone a random hobo so the prospect of giving him means to contact me really scares me. Am I the one at fault here? What do you think I should do?
>>
>>18108932
Take this chance to get over that fear of phone calls. It's not that bad. Stop overthinking it. He's your friend, yes? Then just pretend it's an in-person conversation. It's really not that big of a deal. You talk in person don't you? A phone is just a thing that transmits that conversation, it's the same thing.

I never got why people got anxiety from phone calls.
>>
>>18108932
Yeah, as the other anon said, use it to confront yurself with your anxiety, that's the only way it'll improve. This has the added bonus that you might help someone get his life back on track and get a decent friendship going.
>>
>>18108932
You're opening yourself up for exploitation here...
>>
>>18109008
Yes this is a concern.

However a mobile phone number is not a home address. He could, if he wanted to cut contact eventually, simply not pick up or block his number.
>>
>>18109012
OP sees the guy on his commute daily. It's likely that he'll run into the guy again. Plus the guy wants help filling out job applications on the computer, most likely at OP's house.
>>
>>18109016
That's easy to block off though. Public library, notebook, university. No problem to get access to a PC outside of your house these days.

I wouldn't trust a random hobo bringing him into my home either for fear of getting stabbed in the kidney for mundane shit but I'd still try to help. Especially since its one that wants to get his life back on track. Asking for the number probably was quite mentally taxing for him of he was serious about it. I know I'd shrivel up and die below a bridge before I could get myself to do something like that.
>>
>>18109029
See, you seem to be pushing OP towards moving out of his comfort zone and facing his anxiety about phone calls. I complete agree that he needs to do that too, but there are better ways to deal with that than giving his number to a guy he barely knows.
>>
>>18109048
On the other hand he has nothing to loose really, and a chance of helping someone out that he cares enough about to repeatedly provide food and shit for free.

Like, what's the worst thing that could happen? He starts shit and gets blocked.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.