[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with lonliness? Hobbies don't even distract

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1746.png (366KB, 494x392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1746.png
366KB, 494x392px
How do I deal with lonliness? Hobbies don't even distract me anymore. I am comtinually rejected by girls, I have very few friends and recently many who I thought were friends have abandoned me. I sit in my dorm day after day in the dark and sulk. My room is a mess, I have lost motivation to study and I am increasingly becoming negative. Even my confidence and beliefs are fading now. Please help me out
>>
did any event in particular affect your mood like this? after all, you did start studying and you did make friends originally.
>>
>>18107994
I came to college happy and has a good amount of friends from my club, but they slowly became better friends with each other and constantly gossiped, so I stayed out of it. Eventually they just stopped talking to me.I was rejected by two different girls saying we were "just friends" when we weren't even friends. I am lied to all the time. I am now in a sullen mood because I was invited to a dance, I asked some girl in my class and she said she had something on that day. I told her I'm still interested in getting to know her and that we should meet up, but she hasn't responded. Absolutely nothing has been going my way. I've gotten injured and sick several times here as well, and it is absolutely freezing outside every day.
>>
Weed.
Honestly, it helped me all through high school and then the life in the big city in utter loneliness most of the time.
Hail Mary Jane.
>>
>>18108014
Tbh don't want to be a degenerate, I at least still have my standards
>>
>>18108013
how long have you been going to collage? you know, youre not just there to educate yourself and make connections. youre also supposed to grow as a person and overcame obstacles. nothing has been going your way? then learn how adults handle this time. this is an opportunity for you.

you have been happy, people give a shit about you (after all, who invited you to that dance?). sounds to me like you dont have actual mental issues or anything like that.
distract yourself, wherever you are right now leave and go somewhere else. even if you just walk around mulling over it this will help cleanse your thoughts.

this last thing is an opinion, but you seem too hung up about girls. assessing your self-worth through other people will never lead you to be content, let alone happy. what others think of you is a helpful tool for your self growth, nothing more.
if chasing girls makes you this unhappy, stop.
>>
>>18108030
Your mind is heavily affected by stereotypes, I dare you to try, your opinion will change.
If you never tried, it is your loss.
>>
>>18108031
I'm a freshman in his second term, probably transferring to a different one after this semester. Absolutely NOTHING is, I haven't had a happy memory in months.
I'm in ROTC so it's a fancy military ball, everyone's bringing a date and I can't even fucking get one. Like I said, distracting myself isn't enough anymore. I am miserable from the time I wake up until I go to sleep. The only joy I get is from my music, lifting, and the occasional vidya which i have no time for. It's too cold to walk, I wish I could.
I definitely struggle with other's approval. I have been trying to get rid of that crutch but I still hang over it. Once you're rejected several times in a row you start wondering if you're doing something wrong or if you're not good enough.
>>
>>18108033
It's almost similar to being drunk and I've done that numerous times. It's only temporary relief from reality. I know a kid who started smoking weed and he fucking sucks at school and he hangs out with losers.
>>
>>18108039
>I definitely struggle with other's approval. I have been trying to get rid of that crutch but I still hang over it. Once you're rejected several times in a row you start wondering if you're doing something wrong or if you're not good enough.
You sound like a girl to me desu.
Real man think "i dont give fuck what you think" in situations like that.
>>
>>18108045
I guess I'm a fucking sissy then.
>>
>>18108039
what do you do with music, do you play or listen?

>Once you're rejected several times in a row you start wondering if you're doing something wrong or if you're not good enough.
i feel you. this is exactly why i said you should take a break with dating and concentrate on other things you are good at. this will teach you that the only person to decide if youre "good enough" is yourself. a relationship is not something you can force in a desperate need to prove yourself. you dont just want sex, right? you want intimacy, an emotional bond, and this is something that develops over time when two people like each other and not some kind of test you have to pass to be considered an adult.

do you think college is the right thing for you?
>>
>>18108048
Google testosterone increase, this may actually be the case.
>>
>>18108050
Both, but my guitar string broke so I can't play it anymore, nor do I have the motivation to go to a store in this dirty, cold town.

I suppose you're right... I guess I'm just trying to prove my self-worth to myself and others when I don't even have to. I need to stop stressing that issue so much

My parents are wealthy and I went to a good school, and I do want a job requiring a degree in the future so I think so. I'd definitely be doing better in school if I was actually happy, and had more reason to.
>>18108056
If I'm diagnose with mesothelioma am I entitled to possible financial compensation?
>>
>>18108057
you keep mentioning how cold it is outside. surely you have proper clothing, after all you knew where your college was. what is your problem with going outside?
i recommend you force yourself to buy those strings as soon as possible (maybe even as part of the walk you will be taking?). having a broke string is a great excuse to brood about girls at home.

learning to not stress over it so much wont come to you today. it takes years to internalize this lesson. to assist with this, as i said, focus on hobbies you are good at. dont expect to just cheer up out of nowhere tomorrow, but you might at the end of college and be ready to tackle life with all your might.

dont stress out over college either. sliding into a bad mood will hurt your grades more than slacking off a bit to take a break. you already knew this though, you said so yourself.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.