[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll cut right to the point 'cause I'm kind of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1450716952696.jpg (4MB, 2500x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1450716952696.jpg
4MB, 2500x1173px
I'll cut right to the point 'cause I'm kind of dysfunctional right now.

I've recently acknowledged that I've been abusing alcohol. It's been a few months since I started drinking and I usually drink in excess. Most often hard liqour. The last drink I had was a 700ML bottle of rum with Coke.

I'm day 3 in and I'm really fucking desperate for a drink.

Now. I like to think I have a considerable amount of willpower, and I will avoid this if it's a typical trap but...

I just want to know if it's worth risking buying some weaker alcohol now and drinking in moderation or going absolutely cold turkey.

It should also be noted that drinking was usually a way to deal with anxiety rather than purely being a recreational thing.

Thanks
>>
>>18107715
I'd cold turkey it a bit. If you get desperate, maybe buy a fancy non alcoholic drink and savor it. Realize the goal is to feel better after and the next day.
>>
>>18107715

No

No it is not a good idea

You are already on a good path

Stay on it.
Stay strong

You can do it

Learn how to cope with your anxieties in other ways

You are strong
You can endure this
Stay strong
>>
>>18107750
Yeah... I'll probably wait a week and then pick it up again. If I can.
>>18107752
Years of therapy, caring family members, and several rounds of medication, and it's only getting worse. No such way exists I'm afraid, at least not legally (I don't have a dealer). When it hits all there is to do is wait.

Anyway.
Much obliged anons.
>>
I think you need to realise that there's no difference between one bottle of alcohol and all the alcohol in the world. At the moment, you're thinking "Oh, how will I go on without my crutch?".

You never really needed alcohol to be happy or content, but you've tricked yourself into believing some sort of myth about it. In reality, avoiding alcohol means that you'll gain control over your life, as well as more money, you'll feel better, you'll live better, you'll be a lot less stressed and ill-feeling than you would be with alcohol.

Stopping doesn't require so much willpower. Smokers often sleep through the night without needing a cigarette, yet will shit themselves if they have to work for 5 hours with no smoke break. All you have to do, is not do it. You are, by default, not doing it. You're probably not doing it right now, you probably spent most of your life not doing it. If you reverse the problem and can understand how much you gain from quitting, it does become easier and lighter.

Also you need to understand that this core belief;

>Years of therapy, caring family members, and several rounds of medication, and it's only getting worse. No such way exists I'm afraid, at least not legally (I don't have a dealer). When it hits all there is to do is wait.

Is your addictions way of keeping a hold of you. Claiming to know and understand the answer, especially that nothing may / has gotten better, is a rather clever folly of the mind. "I've tried everything and nothing will fix me, so what should I do?" is basically the same as saying "I do not want to change."

I will have over-simplified here, I'm adamant there's an Allen Carr book on alcohol, I'd recommend it.
>>
>>18107776
I'm sure this is sound advice for some, but I think you've gotten the wrong idea about me.
This isn't an addiction I've had for a very long time. This is the result of binge-drinking over about 4-5 months.
What I'm attempting to do is stop myself from turning into the person you describe. The problems are pre-existing and I assure you: They are very real. And yes so far the alcohol has been the only thing that can be relied upon to quickly take care of it. I have many problems anon, but a lack of self-awareness is not one of them.
Looking back I can see how my words might have been taken out of context. I apologise. I'm not at a hundred percent. When I spoke of my therapy I was referring to the anxiety, not the drinking.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.