[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys so I need some advice, basically I'm 24 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1359560245091.png (489KB, 795x649px) Image search: [Google]
1359560245091.png
489KB, 795x649px
Alright guys so I need some advice, basically I'm 24 years old and still live with my parents. Yes I know it's sad, but I can't afford to support myself. Anyway my mother is a very bitter, spiteful, miserable woman. She's always been that way, I've had more arguments with her then I care to remember. Lately it's been getting worse, she thinks I'm a failure of a son and thinks I hate her. There are times were we're arguing she cries and says she wishes she was dead, and that nobody cares about her. I can't really do anything for her, she hates that I got a college degree in a useless field and can't find a decent job that pays full-time.

Right now I'm currently working part-time at a shitty retail store making minimum wage, also she hates that I have no passion in life. Personally I'm a straight edge guy, I don't do drugs, drink, or smoke. But I also have no friends or a social circle, I mean my question is what I can do? I can't stand this much longer, everyday it's a fight/argument. If I say even ONE WORD to her she gets upset, she has an angry issue in my opinion and just blows up at anything. Moving out isn't an option, I wish it was but I can't due to financial reasons. Would it better just to not say anything to her? I feel like that might make the situation worse but I can't talk to her, it's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. If I try to talk to her she screams, cries, and calls me every name in the book like a child. How do you deal with someone like this? Moving out would be ideal, but since that isn't an option I don't know what the next best thing to do is. My dad says it's not right to just ignore each other if we live in the same house, I feel like he's right, I mean should I just have bare minimum conversation with her? I feel like giving her the silent treatment might just make things worse. There really is something wrong with her, she sounds mentally ill to me but won't listen to anyone and she's driving me crazy.
>>
(OP here I'm continuing because I ran out of room to type the rest.)

I know when you live with a toxic person it's best to get out of that environment but like I said, I really just can't. Maybe if I get a second job and save up money I can move into an apartment or something, but I'll admit living at home has it's benefits like I don't have to worry about rent and bills.
>>
>>18107090
how are you 'basically' 24? You're either 24 or you aren't.
>>
>>18107097
Sorry, I meant to use the word "basically" as in "Basically this is what is going on" not "Basically this is my age"

Sorry for the confusion, but I am 24.
>>
>>18107101
What is this thread about? (i didn't read it)
>>
>>18107107
>I didn't read it

Come on man, I only typed a lot because I had a lot to say about my situation. I guess I can try to break it down.

>Be me
>24
>Live with a very toxic person AKA my mother
>Can't afford to move out
>She has anger issues
>We argue a lot over trivial things
>Lately we've been arguing everyday
>I can't talk to her because she gets mad at everything I say
>Not sure what I can do
>She thinks I'm a failure of a son and thinks I hate her
>Says she wishes she was dead
>Hates were she lives
>Hates her job
>Blames me for all her problems
>Doesn't like that I went to college for a useless degree and can't find a decent 40 hour a week job

That's the gist of it I guess.
>>
>>18107110
heh just messing w/you my man

okay, heeeeres what you do

>can't find a decent 40 hour a week job
then take a job that isn't decent

also, have you tried ignoring her entirely? like when shes mad? Lock your door.
>>
>>18107118
Well I have been looking for a full time job but most places in my town aren't hiring full time because they don't want to pay benefits, it's all part time mostly. It's really hard to find full-time work in my city, it's just a rural small town. Secondly I already mentioned how I might just ignore her from now on but I feel like that might make things worse. Really I don't even want to talk to her anymore, but I feel like giving her the silent treatment isn't going to make things better. I mean we live in the same house, I feel like it's hard to ignore someone completely when you live together.

Also my door doesn't have a lock on it.
>>
>>18107110
>>She thinks I'm a failure of a son and thinks I hate her
>>Says she wishes she was dead
>>Hates were she lives
>>Hates her job
>>Blames me for all her problems
>>Doesn't like that I went to college for a useless degree and can't find a decent 40 hour a week job
I like your mom more than I like you.
>>
>>18107129
Than you're toxic in my eyes as well, a "normal" person and I use that term loosely should never think, or behave like my mother. Her outlook on life is abnormal, and she behaves like a toddler even though she's in her 60's. You can claim I'm the problem, but frankly just because I didn't meet HER standards doesn't make me any less of a person. Some people's parents wanted them to be doctors and lawyers but guess what? They aren't, some of them wanted their kids to go to college and guess what? They didn't, I don't think that makes them less of a person. Sure they can be disappointed, but at the end of the day you're your own person and I think they need to realize that.

Unless you were saying you like her over me for another reason, was there another reason?
>>
>>18107127
part-time is better than nothing

for some reason everyone that says they can't find a job always has to change their shit when questioned...

first its "I can't find any jobs"

then it's "well... I can't find any decent jobs"

finally "all the jobs I find are part-time..."

like wtf, do you want money or not? get 2 part time jobs ffs
>>
>>18107144
Pride before the fall anon, some people are just too prideful to work two jobs. They think they shouldn't have to work two jobs because they went to college, or only poor people and crackheads work two jobs. Some people just have a hard time setting their pride aside, like they'd rather work one part-time job than two shitty part-time jobs because they think they're above it.
>>
>>18107151
how to be a degenerate leech for life:

step 1
>get a degree

step 2
>"cant find any jobs"
...meanwhile I dropped out of highschool and am making $80k/year
>>
>>18107166
You think I want to be a leech? Frankly I don't, and it's not like I'm on a welfare and shit. My parents don't mind me living with them, but honestly I'd rather move out and be on my own. You act like I'm okay with my situation and I'm saying "Oh yeah this is great, gonna just live with my parents until I'm 30!." No, that's not what I'm saying at all. If I had the money I would have moved out a long time ago, because living with my mother is exhausting and tiresome.
>>
Go back to school. study for the lsat and go to law school. As long as you got an actual bachelor's degree and you get a good score you should be good. But yeah your mom is just looking at the facts. It doesn't matter that we're in a shit economy and whatnot. She wants a son she can be proud of. She also just isn't a very good mom and that's fine. If you wanna move out, get a second job. There are worse things and better things will happen eventually. If you're working retail that means you're trusted to at least stand in front of people without killing them. Be thankful you aren't working a shittier job
>>
>>18107095
You have to put up with it then until you manage to find a job that earns enough money for you to move out. In the meantime, whenever she starts yelling at you, just ignore her and walk away.
>>
Get a Commercial Drivers License. Go to a driving school. It'll take 3 weeks and a trip to the DMV. You can be anything from a shuttle bus driver to living out on the road.
>>
>>18107090
I totally feel the vibe that you & your mother are having boundary issues. Treat her as a mother as she should treat you as a son. Not as though you both are married. You sound like you just need to get off 4chan for a day & try to better yourself you piece of shit.
>>
Kill her.

Chop her body into little pieces and feed it to the dog.
>>
>>18107090
My mom is a lot like yours. Read up on being the parent to your parent. For me, I've learned that taking care of her emotions totally left me disconnected from my emotions. Result: no passion for life. Hard to chose your path forward when you don't know what you want, amiright?

Anyhow. Biggest thing is learning how to have boundaries. That's not going to happen until you've got serious distance/space.

Find a way out. Crash on a friends couch. No friends? Find the cheapest roommate wanted on CL. etc.

This will be hard. This will take self discipline. But you're a straight edge guy, you have self discipline.
>>
become a listener on 7cups.com (takes ten minutes)
help random people
uplift yourself tons though being helpful
uplift mommy and stop caring about the conflictual energies (feeding them you are currently)
enjoy life love and happiness
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.