[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend is a drunk. We've been dating for 3 years and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0340.jpg (1MB, 2122x1415px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0340.jpg
1MB, 2122x1415px
My boyfriend is a drunk. We've been dating for 3 years and he didn't have a drinking problem until last year I noticed his constant consumption. He was even arrest and got a dui. After his arrest he was getting better and going to meetings. But the last few months I noticed he fell off the wagon again. I notified his parents but I'm getting tired. Not married, no kids I love him a lot but I'm getting tired.
>>
This is the life you will live with an addict. You have to be prepared to leave if they make no attempt to get better
>>
Life with an addict will lead to you and your relationship going through sober periods and relapses. This will occur for all of the relationship, the only change will be the length of the periods. If his problem worsens you will have to confront him, and eventually a choice will have to be made. Depending on what your feelings are you can try to help him, but as we all know, you can't change someone who isn't you.
>>
if he doesn't want to change or get better then he won't. there's only so much you can do about it. be supportive and be aware that it is a constant struggle, but also don't push yourself if you don't think you can handle the burden. you matter too.
>>
>>18106853
I'm an alcoholic
Or at least some shade of one

People drink because it offers respite against shit they find intolerable.
Trying to stop the drinking without solving the reason why he's drinking is like telling someone to stop bleeding without patching their wound
>>
>>18106853

please try talking to him

please talk about AA, talk about SMART, talk about seeing a counselor, talk about trying

please don't just leave him

I would have traded every drink for my girlfriend, 6 years, and it was just "too late" for her by the time she said something
>>
>>18106944
I drink every day and will get a headache and frek out if I don't have any alcohol, but I don't have any major complaints with my life. It's definitely better than when I started drinking daily
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.