[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do with a long distance relationship if: >You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: molecule.png (161KB, 800x854px) Image search: [Google]
molecule.png
161KB, 800x854px
What do you do with a long distance relationship if:

>You are willing to move, but NOT to the same town your partner is currently in
>Your partner is not willing to move
>>
Nothing. One of you has to be willing to move to the other place. Otherwise it will never go anywhere
>>
>>18106268

To me nothing is the status quo
>>
Chlorpromazine.
chemfag here

>You are willing to move, but NOT to the same town your partner is currently in
>Your partner is not willing to move
that's a little selfish in the partner's part, don't you think?
Unless, of course, if it is having some constraints.
>>
>>18106263
If you're willing to move, but your partner doesn't it already showing a conflict in interest that could hurt in long run.
Of course there might be a reason like family, jobs, etc.. but if no compromise reached from both of you it just breeds trouble for later.
>>
>>18106276

Their heart is 100% set on going to a specific university in this town. This university is my alma mater. That town is nothing but toxic for me. Also good job chemfag, it's actually one of the (many) medications I have been put on since leaving said town. I am also a recovering alcoholic (six months sober) and a college town will not help this.

I feel like I am being the selfish one. This school has been their dream for many years. I want to keep the person in my life, but also not have to live in a college town for another four years.
>>
>>18106263

break up. you're literally not dating, you'er just role playing
>>
>>18106263
How long in duration is this relationship and how long distance is this relationship? Is the town you areally willing to move to a compromise? Would you both be able to commute from there or would it involve new job/school/or both? I also have to think if it's your SO's dream to go to your Alma mater, the one that gave you the education for your good job, don't you think it's selfish to make them quit their dream?
>>
>>18106263
>Partner not willing to move
>You not willing to move to partner's town

It's over. The relationship cannot work unless one of you is prepared to move.
>>
>>18106263
>What do you do with a long distance relationship if you don't want to stop being long distance?
I don't know dipshit, how about carry on being long distance?
You know your partner isn't willing to move, you know that you are the only one who is, so the ball is in your court.
Try looking at moving closer to her, or ending it.
>>
>>18106331

We've been dating for about a year, it's about a 5 hour drive from my current location. We see each other usually every other week.

>I also have to think if it's your SO's dream to go to your Alma mater, the one that gave you the education for your good job, don't you think it's selfish to make them quit their dream?

I think it is selfish of me to make them quit their dream, yes, this is one of my problems. Unfortunately I have the opposite of a good job. Honestly if I could do it again I wouldn't go to college.
>>
>>18106337

>Try looking at moving closer to her, or ending it.
>her

Implying OP's partner isn't a boy
>>
>>18106347

Funny Anon
>>
>>18106347
>>18106402

Op here, the gender doesn't matter.

A bump
>>
>>18106340
Sorry about the job, my reading comprehension is lacking today. How close would you consider moving?
>>
>>18106553

>How close would you consider moving?
I would want to move to them or not at all. All of my family and most of my friends are in my current location. I think it would be an awful option for me to move in between the two of them.
>>
One last bump
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.