[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What advice would you give someone with low self-esteem? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

What advice would you give someone with low self-esteem?

I'm going out, have friends and I am actually a social person. The problem is, I have difficulties starting a conversation and I'm more what some people would call a "beta".

Any advice on how to get my shit together and be more confident?
>>
>>18106160
Not everyone has to be the "life of the party," don't force it. The trick to confidence is to be comfortable in your own skin, to recognize your strengths & weaknesses and be OK with it. There's really nothing wrong with being a low-key, go-with-the-flow type of person in social situations.
>>
>>18106175
Thanks for your answer!

The thing is, I would feel way better if I would be more confident.

Sometimes I am too shy to talk to some people, that I would like to talk to. Approaching girls is difficult for me.

I am ok with the way I am; I just feel that I could reach so much more, if I would do more of the stuff I wish I'd do.
>>
>>18106160
embrace apathy, my son
the opinions of others are irrelevant. your own opinion is irrelevant. you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. let go, and conduct yourself accordingly.
>>
>>18106205
Well, like anything else, social skills just take practice. Every now and then, just force yourself to do the "scary thing" (go talk to that girl, throw a party for your friends, etc) and you'll find that it gets a little less scary every time.

The point I was trying to make in my first post was basically just "don't try to be something you're not." It's a cliche but it's true, and lots of people in your situation will turn to bad advice from pickup artists, and things like that.

You say you've got a decent social life, so it seems like people like you the way you are, you just have to try a little harder to put yourself out there and go after the things you want. But please don't turn yourself into one of those guys that tries to "act alpha" when it doesn't come naturally at all, there is nothing more pathetic than watching a good person intentionally transform himself into a douchebag for the sake of social approval. Protip: They usually don't get the approval they're looking for
>>
>>18106221
Hey, that's actually very good advice!

Thank you, pal !
>>
>>18106160

Stop reading the Red Pill. No one says "beta" but them. That alone should rise your self esteem.

Also, you must be good at stuff. Remember that no one is good at everything, so don't feel too bad for having weak points. Make sure you pay attention to your strong points, too.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.