[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I've finally accepted that I need to do something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0452.jpg (127KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0452.jpg
127KB, 960x720px
I think I've finally accepted that I need to do something about my depression, and stop trying to out-man it, because I'm definitely not man enough. I'm going to go to a counsellor. If he offers me anti-depressants should I accept or avoid them? I've heard they make things worse but also heard they help.
>>
>>18104664
its usually a matter of time, thats what I read/heard.
Meaning people eventually get better by trying out shit and figuring out which works the best for them.
How old are you ? im kinda in a similar situation.
>>
As someone who's used anti-depressants, they don't fix your problems, they only numb everything. Life gets a bit easier, you don't notice your pain quite as much, but the problems aren't fixed, and there's possibly really bad side effects. I know for me, they numbed basically every feeling I had. I was completely apathetic to everything when I was taking them.
>>
>>18104664
You should always rely on your own mental and bodily strength. Medication might help at first glance, but it dulls the mind and creates an anxiety to quit for fear of relapse.

Masculinity has nothing to do with depression, one cannot be 'man enough' to overcome a depression. However, do not let your depression grow into an entity of its own; it is still a thing in your mind.

My Imperial advice: Find a counsellor that you can open your heart with, talk, make progress and let go the counsellor that offers you medication within the first 5 sessions.

Keep your mind sharp, for it is the best blade you have to cut through your depression.
>>
It depends on personal experience and how depressed you actually are, however you'd be surprised how effective talk therapy (literally just talking things through and getting the opinion of someone who's completely unbiased to your situation) can be for mild depression. Especially if your depression can be linked to specific things (I'm prone to guilt associated with my actions that can cause depressive symptoms, talking out why I'm not actually a terrible person is good stuff).

While I've never taken them personally, I've had several friends say the same things: Anti-depressants can help you get through a bad depression while you work out the underlying cause of the issue through other methods. They shouldn't be used as the only course of action is a lot of cases.
>>
>>18104741
Thank you Mr emperor
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.