[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /adv/ Why are relationships much harder than other things?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: zelda-6.jpg (58KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
zelda-6.jpg
58KB, 450x600px
Alright /adv/

Why are relationships much harder than other things?
Me:
> Successful Software Engineer
> $125k/year
> Mid 20's
I recently got back from being a workaholic to also enjoy life.

Basically I wanna be able to continue being badass at my job/profession

And I wanna come home to a qtpie gf, play video games, watch anime/movies and have some kinky ass sex and cuddle to sleep.

I feel like I already got the "hard" things done, but having difficulty here.

What do?
>>
What the fuck are you asking?

Want a girlfriend? Go out and try to find one.
>>
>>18104367
I have had gf's but I guess I can't find a qtpie nerdy/game loving/cosplay kidna girl?

Like I feel my window of opportunity is going to cons or gaming cons, and meet people that way.
>>
>>18104365
>Why are relationships much harder than other things?
Because you've spend the last 25 or so years telling yourself that if you focus on your career, women will flock to you. Instead, it pushes women away if you're so strict with yourself.
>>
>>18104372
Whoa bro, that's not how I am, was more like focusing on my career.
>>
>>18104365
Because you're in a career that is based on logical thinking, and logic cannot be applied to relationships.

Your perfect girl does not exist. Intelligent, attractive, emotionally stable; pick two.
>>
>>18104365

your girl probably doesn't exist.

there are very few women wh odream of having their man come home to play video games, watch anime and then have sex.

you dont want a girlfriend, you want a pet you can fuck basically.
>>
>>18104539
This. This right here.
>>
>>18104539
Well, to be honest, I would like to have a fuckpet myself.

Only problem is that sex, no matter what kind, will always make an attachment to both parties. Be it disease or any sort of emotional connection. Or both.
>>
OP, find a woman in the same field or a similar field, who works a similar job, who shares similar interests. If you date around with your average fuckup mid 20s person, they won't be what you need, you won't be what they need. In the case of extremities, such as your case, you're not going to find a functional relationship with someone who doesn't share your experiences and ideology.

>>18104539
It's not that they wouldn't exist, the woman would need to run a lifestyle identical to the man in question. The question is, are there any women who follow this kinda lifestyle and ideology? Not really, it's not socially encouraged for a women to go hardcore into their jobs and passions. It's culturally a masculine thing.

Said lifestyle, seems like, is a strong desire to work super hard on their own passions, time to themselves, but desiring physical and emotional intimacy with a partner with similar experiences and desires as an important aspect of their life.
>>
Stop being a fucking nerd and pick up some real hobbies and you'll find way more interesting women out there.
>>
>>18104539
The fuck?
Who said it'd be just that?
Obviously I didn't go full length, just what a weekday would look like. I'd expect use to be madly in love with each other, do cute stuff, fun stuff, laugh like dorks, have deep conversations, etc
>>
>>18104717
im exaggerating but it would be like a woman saying I just want a man that loves to take me out shopping, doesn't care if I don't work, and enjoys watching rom coms with me

there's just very few men that fit that description, and very few girls that fit yours
>>
>>18104751
Not OP, but somewhat agrees from where he's coming from. I don't think he wants a fuckdoll, that's not the intention, but he was describing an average ideal night in an unemotional way.

I think it's the desire to have a person who wants to mutually spend time with you. Character depth doesn't necessarily matter, as it's irrelevant to the relationship, which is based upon a mutual desire to be together, not personal advancement and justification, like you're suggesting.

One could argue it's very unrealistic, but at the same time, it's also the basest form of a relationship, with none of the cultural bullshit associated. From a logical perspective, it would be the easiest and most satisfying way to have a relationship. Finding a partner who you gain mutual benefit from being around, who shares the same interests and feelings.
>>
>poor
>actually jobless and homeless, by choice though
>almost 30
>qt gf sharing a lot of interests, bake me cakes the sundays then I do her asmr shit
>awesome sex 5-10 times a week
>read to each other and cuddle for hours

Feels extremely good.
>>
>>18104365
Dude if the description of yourself consist of your age and how much you earn don't be surprised you're not getting the girls you want.

Money above 30k a year is basically useless in your happiness and won't make you more attractive anyway.

>learn to be charming
>go where you can meet girls who share interests
>talk to them like regular human beings
>>
>>18104812

What does your gf do? Why is she okay with you being jobless and homeless?
>>
>>18104424
i guess normal BMI isn't even an option then, huh?
>>
>>18104823
and then there's this reply, as usual
>so here's how old I am an this is what I spend at the bare minimum 40 hours a week on, usually much more, and a third of a week is sleeping, but at least I'm well off
>but you didn't say anything about your views on slam poetry!!

>>18104698
heeeey there's that meme again!
>>
try /soc/ and okcupid. tread carefully. former is filled with crazy and latter is filled with ham. good luck.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.