[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know, with all this talk about guys being put in the "friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3329.jpg (281KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3329.jpg
281KB, 1536x2048px
You know, with all this talk about guys being put in the "friend zone" it's made me wonder.

Have guys ever considered a girl to be just a friend? Or will guys always see their women as possible dating potential than just a friend? Can men never be friends with a woman?
>>
File: SdBxbA4X.jpg (18KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
SdBxbA4X.jpg
18KB, 396x396px
>>18104136
Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8
>>
>>18104136
>have guys ever considered a girl to be just a friend?

yes, many times.

>or will guys always see their women as possible dating potential than just a friend?

the younger you are, the more likely you are to see a girl as just a friend. as you get older, you tend not to have any legitimate platonic female friends as what you two are able to enjoy together becomes increasingly small. your female friends are usually just people from class / work, or your friends girlfriends or girlfriends friends, but its rare to get the closeness you did when you were younger. rare but not impossible.

they can be friends.
>>
>>18104145
I don't see how this is bait. I've wondered this myself too as a girl. Not OP, but I'd like to know if making friends with dudes is a fruitless effort.
>>
>>18104136
Women are just too cute. They can't even control it, but it's still true.
>>
>>18104136
Ive had a chick friend like that. She was head over heals with me..

I wasnt into it at all. She was cool to hang with and a good jam buddy. But she was pretty awkward and weird. Couldnt see myself with her. Also she was like a 5.
>>
File: gjsxU0s.gif (832KB, 350x497px) Image search: [Google]
gjsxU0s.gif
832KB, 350x497px
>>18104150
See this.
Inb4 shitstorm.
>>
>>18104136
I'm afraid it's impossible. Pussy pheremones arouse men and there's nothing that can be done about it. It's impossible to be around women (except family) without being aroused. Scientific FACT.
>>
a friend is a man who I'd fuck if I were gay.
>>
>>18104136
I used to think friends was a gender free concept.

However as Ive gotten older I see it really can't exist.

There's a simple reason why.
If you are friends with a girl its only an amount of time before she starts policing your way of thinking and behaviour.
If you talk about sports too much she'll tell you she doesn't want to talk about sports
or
if you say cunt or fuck too much she gets all pseudo feminist and hurt feelings about it
or
if you like some other girl she'll start picking apart and finding reasons the other girl is a bad person even if a total stranger.

IF a man behaved like this I'd tell him to fuck right off, but women can't stop themselves from trying to form and sculpt men into what their preference for boyfriend material is.
Some women are aware of this some are unconscious of their behavior.
But as a man and most importantly A FRIEND I find this type of mindset in a lot of women deeply insulting. It completely kills the idea of friendship based off the way you are.

It is women that sexualise friendship by making them borderline romantic and sending men particularly impressionable younger men mixed messages
>>
>>18104136
That's like asking if a bear and a fish can be friends.
>>
>>18104150

the question becomes, why are you invested in having friendships specifically with guys?
>>
>>18104196

i want to say you're wrong, but i dont think you are. i mean theres many many many exceptions i think, you are wrong in that sense.

but as a general rule, yeah, i agree more than i wish to admit.

honestly i used to be so gung ho feminist, all my scripts were about super hero women.

now im at a stage in life where im re writing what few female characters i have to be dudes.
>>
>>18104136
Yes
Sometimes but not often
False
>>
>>18104201
Maybe it was because I was younger but I always enjoyed being friends with guys more than girls. As a kid, the girls would bully me and think I was weird for liking video games and Power Rangers. Only the boys were interested in the same things I was. I just wanted friends that I could play video games and watch Power Rangers or play Pokemon cards with.

Even in High school I enjoyed hanging out with the guys because they were into video games, anime, etc, and most of the girls were stuck up bitch types that were only into vapid bullshit and thought I was a loser for my interests. I had female friends that were into the same stuff I was into as well, but it was mostly guys. But also around that time was when I learned guys think you take an interest in them romantically/sexually than just a friend you can talk about Naruto or Kingdom Hearts with.
>>
yeah, I do have a couple of girl friends. If people can't handle girls as friends, they might be autistic and lack social skills.
>>
>>18104377
I think I know you. West coast?
>>
Its one thing to be genuine friends with the gender youre attracted to and then seeing a possibility of becoming more than platonic friends. Because if she only sees you as just a friend, it's fine, because you enjoy having that platonic friendship with her anyway.
However, if you do become more than friends, there's 3 outcomes.
You can either 1. end up becoming really good romantic partners, 2. Break up and go back to being friends, or 3. Break up and realize you can't be platonic friends again because it hurts too much to see each other and you can never see each other as just platonic friends anymore.
If you really value your platonic friendship with that person, it's a risk you have to decide whether it's worth losing if you decide to turn the relationship into a romantic/sexual one.

I was goof friends with my ex-boyfriend before we decided to have a romantic relationship. When we broke up, I was devastated because I didn't just lose a romantic relationship but a really good friendship as well. It took some time, but we managed to be on good speaking terms again and are still acquaintances to this day.
The relationship never went past 2nd base, so it was probably easier to return to being friends than if we ended up having a very sexual relationship.
>>
>>18104404
>>18104404
LOL!

>Hey you're a girl who hangs out with guys, that's unique, I think I know you.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no.
>>
>>18104404
Nope. East coast.
>>
>>18104404
I'm pretty sure a girl in the early/mid 2000s being interested in anime or Kingdom Hearts wasn't that uncommon
>>
You friendzone a girl if you find her unattractive. Same reason guys get friendzoned.
>>
>>18104377
You sound like a loser. I bet youre single and have cats now
>>
I have a couple of friends, a guy and a girl, who are just that: friends, and I don't see them ever being anything more. Unless they made a pact that they'd marry each other if they were still single at the age or 40 or something
>>
I'm going to repeat this over and over again on this board.

The only people that can't be friends with people of the other sex are people who are desperate. If you have a healthy, functioning sex life, you don't want to fuck everyone with a passing interest in talking to you.
>>
>>18104460
This. One of my best friends is a woman (I'm a guy). She's been with her fiance for almost nine years and I've been with my current girlfriend for over a year. Never have I wanted to bone her. We have been friends for nearly fifteen years.
>>
Yeah, if she's unattractive.

An attractive girl can also be a "friend" if
A) You're in a relationship with another girl and/or
B) You're shy and/or
C) Attractive girl has rejected you
But bear in mind that sex is not off-the-table with these girls if proposed, except for A) maybe.
>>
I've had a lot of friendships with girls, but "just friends" is an odd phrase. Every friendship is different, and some contain elements of sexual attraction and romantic love. Not all.

I don't feel like sex or romance necessarily corrupts a friendship, either. I'm heterosexual and hormonal and horny, and I like my friends, and if they're female, some part of my brain might say to breed. Whatever. Not even saying it HAS to be mushy or sexual, but it doesn't negate the platonic bits if it is. Doesn't have to be weird. Friends can talk through weird and actually care about each other.
>>
I mean, if you're interesting and we get along, yeah, I could be friends with a girl. It's just incredibly rare to find a truly interesting girl that is friendship material, so the friendships are extremely rare.

Most girls don't share similar interests or passions to guys, and are written off as sex/relationship material just based on a probability.
>>
>>18104450
Ive been with my boyfriend for almost 4 years and work in the game industry. His family has a cat. Im more of a dog person. But thanks anyway.
>>
>>18104136
When I was in high school and still hadn't realized I'm not capable of a romantic relationship I hung out with two crowds. One of them was a small group that like anime a bunch, me, my very overweight friend, and two girls.

I had a crush on one of the girls and we dated for a short while before I had my realization, but looking back it's pretty clear that the other girl liked me quite a bit and I just never saw it or reciprocated.

In fact I'm quite thick when it comes to attention from women; I was bullied quite a bit in late elementary school and middle school while at the same time girls expressed genuine interest so I came to see genuine interest as part of the mocking, or else as them being "nice"

Girls don't buy you expensive chocolate as a holiday gift to be nice

On the one hand I feel bad that so many girls must've felt turned-down but on the other hand that's probably better than dating them until one or both of us realize my emotional inadequacies
>>
As long as there's some arbitrary trait that the guy doesn't like but not enough to make him leave, yes.
Example?
>I don't date fat/ black/ ghetto women
These are very common traits, as well. So common that guys end up friend zoning women around them without even realizing.
>>
There are a few women that I feel are good friends. One in particular, I would consider one of my best friends - I met in college, taking the same classes as me. We shared the same passions but she was progressing well in a relationship herself and I respected that. That said, we both made each other laugh, talked openly about our relationships and shared a deep passion for our subject and career.

Without her, I would safely say that my energy and commitment to college would have fallen apart - we definitely pushed one another to do our best and in the end we both received national industry commendations on graduation.

I would say that it's pretty easy to make friends with women and enjoy their platonic companionship, you just need to stop being fucking desperate and see them as actual human beings.
>>
If I have hobbies in common with a girl, there's no way I won't feel sexual attraction

Ironically all of my gfs have had completely different hobbies than me, and I hate it.
>>
>>18104136
>Have guys ever considered a girl to be just a friend?
I have tried, many have tried, but every friendship and companionship regardless of genders come and go with benefits.
If it's between two opposite sex, the benefits sought would weigh heavily into sexual things

>Or will guys always see their women as possible dating potential than just a friend?
If both are sexually healthy, no doubt at some point it'll grow the potential to escalate into a mating game, not just a friendship one. Biology and science.

>Can men never be friends with a woman?
False, friendship between men and women is always be possible, but biology and nature in the end will always steer both sexes towards something different
>>
>>18104136
Once I got into a serious relationship, I began to see the problem it is to have "female friends".

With time, you just realize it's not in the interest of a man to be surrounded with woman. Knowing that if you find the right one, they will be there, and it will cause needless friction.
>>
Being friends with someone without romantic attraction is great, but having a sexual/romantic relationship with someone with no friendship gets dull.
>>
>>18105347
I wanna add though, that I do have a female friend, but she's an old lady with cancer who lives alone. So nothing sexual.

To avoid problems though, you don't want other women in your life if you're going steady with someone. And women should take the same path and avoid male friends if they want things to really work without annoying their partner.

You can avoid so much, simply distancing yourself from potential problems and instabilities.

I had a female friend just straight up ask me to fuck her while I was in a relationship. It was pretty destabilizing, though of course I didn't, it bothered me that I was tempted for a moment. Funnily enough, that girl and I shared a bed before my ex and I met, and she had a bf at the time. I didn't do a damn thing with her the whole night, and I was even interested in dating someone else at the time.

So that's how unfair things can be, better to avoid problems if you want my advice.

Better to prevent, than lament.
>>
>>18104196
This

But as a man I also sometimes get touchy or even flirty with some of my female friends. Just to try out the field, for the thrill and sometimes because I can't hold myself.

When I spend much time with a woman there's always tension developing. Like you said, they become borderline romantic, mark you as their territory or try to police you. But I get hoeny for them too. It's a two way street.

To keep out of that stuff I only regularly text and meet with male friends. Less drama and jealousy than with mixed groups. I love women and how they can be, but I keep my distance in those friendships
>>
I am 23 and I friendzone women that I am not attracted to sexually or find that we cannot be good partners.

I can remain a friend without feeling and desire for them sexually.

I currently have like 10 female friends I am very close to.

I also have a fuck buddy.
>>
>>18104136
I have a girl that is a friend. She is fat. If she got thin, I'd likely fuck her brains out.
>>
>>18104136
>Have guys ever considered a girl to be just a friend?
Yup. I'm a dude, my best friend is a girl.

>Or will guys always see their women as possible dating potential than just a friend?

My best friend, I've, never really seen as dating potential. I've even slept with her (both drunk, horny, single, figured why not), and still not ever really thought of dating her. I love her, she's cool, she's attractive, but I know i'd want to kill her in a minute if she were my girlfriend, and she'd probably feel the same. There are things she does that I can handle as her best friend, but I KNOW there's no fucking way i'd be able to deal if I was her boyfriend and had to deal with that shit pretty much 24/7.

As her best friend I can just walk away from it for a bit, maybe just not talk to her a few days,take a breather, and forget about it, but as a boyfriend, that option doesn't exist.

I have another friend who is female, that I almost think of like a little sister. She's attractive as heck, and we do have some fun flirting and teasing one another, but when it comes down to it, part of what makes our relationship so interesting is that we can have that playful sexual tension, but also be completely platonic friends.

This is another girl where I know I just wouldn't be able to be with her because I just wouldn't want to be with her past a couple weeks. Too many values are different, and that shit doesn't matter when you're friends, but it does when you're trying to be partners. So I look at her more like a little sister, and she looks at more like a older brother, and it's more fun like that.

A significant other isn't just someone you get along with, or someone you think is hot, it's someone you want to share a bit of your life with in the most honest way you can, and who will do the same for you.
>>
>>18104150
I'm not. I'd rather have girl friends, but right now I have no friends at all so I'm open to both.
>>
>>18104196

>If you are friends with a girl its only an amount of time before she starts policing your way of thinking and behaviour.

This just sounds like "the few female friends I've had who tolerated me don't like my sense of humor and thus this is how all women are"

>If you talk about sports too much she'll tell you she doesn't want to talk about sports

Plenty women are involved in sports or watch sports, if you're that desperate to talk to women specifically about sports go join a co-ed sports club there's plenty everywhere.

>if you say cunt or fuck too much she gets all pseudo feminist and hurt feelings about it

Try to empathize with a woman for one second if you say the word cunt around her constantly, imagine she was saying something like 'you have a tiny dick' as a joke consistently around you. Pretty much everyone has things they don't like to hear, why do you insist that all women are the same just because some aren't fond of certain words?

>if you like some other girl she'll start picking apart and finding reasons the other girl is a bad person even if a total stranger.

I'm sure men have never done this ever.

>IF a man behaved like this I'd tell him to fuck right off, but women can't stop themselves from trying to form and sculpt men into what their preference for boyfriend material is.

Do you really think men don't do this? Well they do, you just don't notice it because it's directed at women. Since you're incapable of empathizing with women it seems, of course you wouldn't notice it.

>Some women are aware of this some are unconscious of their behavior.

You've discovered the hivemind, you must alert the other males.

>But as a man and most importantly A FRIEND I find this type of mindset in a lot of women deeply insulting. It completely kills the idea of friendship based off the way you are.

Yeah I can guarantee you that women aren't desperate to be your friend if you think like this.
>>
>>18104136
Yes they can! My SO's best friend is a girl. They've been best friends for like 30 years. She is also ass-ugly, socially awkward, and is now a crazy cat lady. Never seen the friendship last between 2 attractive people though. If one of you is ugly or just a general loser it should be fine
>>
File: 1487714798158.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487714798158.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>18104136
yes. I like my co-worker as just a friend, but she apparently doesn't like that and now won't talk to me
>>
>>18106943

you're not seeing those girls as dating potential, but you sure as hell aren't seeing them as "just friend" or "like a sister". Unless you casually fuck with all your friends and flirt platonically with your family.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.