[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some advice >20 years old >live with me mom >have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (1MB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 768x1024px
Need some advice
>20 years old
>live with me mom
>have $400 to my name
>no car because my last one broke
>work a shitty job washing dishes near my house bumming rides off gf and parents to and from work
>hate my fucking job so much literally worst job I've ever worked out of the many I've had (dropped out at 18 been working ever since)
>need to get a nice reliable car 2-5K in price range so I can get a better job
>going to start to try and get my GED as well
What should I do to make extra money/improve my savings? Only make like 240 a week when taxes get taken out..
>>
>>18103987
You live at home and don't have a car, so no insurance or gas costs. So it sounds like you have little to no cost of living. You should be able to save almost all of your income. What do you spend money on? A cell phone bill is $80 at the worst.
>>
focus on GED above all all other goals, that's your limiter

you can get a car that will get you access to the location of jobs, but you're not going to be considered as a hire for decent jobs with being below GED level

it's going to take time, a few months of dedicated study, so don't let yourself be distracted by odd money schemes that take up your time, just study
>>
>>18104002
Yea cell phone is all I pay. 48 a month with taxes included. (Straight talk is fire)
WHAT I FORGOT TO MENTION THO
I worked a 1099 d2d job a while ago and now owe taxes. I owe $1200...
>>
I got my GED. Here is the optimal strat for getting one. First off they have a really low passing score. I mean REALLY low.

This is the best website to use for the GED. It's the official one. https://ged.com/ On this website, you can take as many practice tests as you want for each subject although they do cost money but very little. They are made by the same makers of the GED and are identical in difficulty and question types to it. Once you complete them they tell you if you're ready to take the real thing. And they tell you exactly what you have to study to pass.

If you managed to get to like the 10th grade you barely need to study for it at all. And regardless of your education, the social studies and science tests do not require you to use any learned knowledge of the subject at all. So you don't need to study for them. They just give you the information in the passage and you just use common sense to use the information in the brief passage to find the obvious answer. I had major learning issues in school and even for me the science and social studies were brain dead easy.

The english language arts requires common sense grammar that you learned before middle school. The reading can give you a little trouble but the practice tests will make sure you have the hang of interpreting the stories properly.

The other thing is you have to learn what their grading standards are for the essays and that's on the GED website I think. Like "You have to do this and this to make the essay have a high score" Memorize that and keep it in mind during the essay and you'll be good.

Math is the only issue. But, you get to use a calculator on almost all of it which makes it way easier than usual. The practice tests will tell you exactly what to practice to pass math.

And that's all there is to the GED. It's very easy and it's terrible that it's considered close to a highschool education. It is extremely stupid that work places require you to have this.
>>
>>18103987

Just get a fucking moped

> Cheap
> Fast enough
> Fresh breath of air during the ride
>>
>>18104564
Here.

I also forgot to mention that this website actually locates a testing center closest to you and lets you schedule your appointment for the test from that website.

The science,social studies, and language arts all have written responses questions that you have to type out long answers to. To practice the math you want to get a Kaplan GED book of the most recent year or any main popular reputable GED study book. I use Kaplan.

You'll have to get that book if you can't find the essay/long answer scoring standards online. They are in the book.

Eat a strategic meal before the test to give you more energy. Exercise before the test to get more blood pumping to your brain to make you more alert. Even a small decrease in your hydration makes math harder so stay hydrated. And for the love of god, get 7 or 8 hours of sleep. Doing the test sleep deprived is a terrible idea. You'll do much worse.

Do not just stick to 4chan for advice on your money situation. Keep reading into possible money making ideas that you can research through google. Eventually you will find an idea that will show you how to make money optimally to not only get out of this situation but have the money coming in that you want. So hang in there.

If you choose college,there are youtube vids from college professors on how to study effectively enough to pass college. There are other tips on studying on the internet on top of this. Search these out. Especially youtube. As always stick to videos and places from the most qualified reputable people. In general if you need help in your life on anything, get advice from reputable knowledgeable people on the topic with proven results and ignore everything else.

Search out jobs with the highest pay for the least experience and do those for now. Consider using your money to invest in money making ideas that will give you more money. Like flipping things on ebay or things like this.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.