[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I constantly read/hear about normies who go through mental illness.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: e3b.jpg (31KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
e3b.jpg
31KB, 645x773px
I constantly read/hear about normies who go through mental illness. And I mean seeming real mental illness - self harm, suicide attempts, taking prescription drugs. Yet these are normans, they seem to be completely functional as they're going through these horrible things - holding down job/school, friendships and relationships.

So I wanted to ask - how does this work? And how is it that that I'm decently mentally stable and still manage to fuck my life up worse (kissless, friendsless virgin) than aformentioned normies?
>>
I'm one of those people and all I have to say is that type of illness doesn't impact social skills
>>
>>18103251
It's not just about social skills, it should affect your ability to function in everything. I've had depression as a teen and I was shit at everything at the time - grades were bad, bullied, looked like shit. How is it even an illness if your day to day life is seemingly unaffected?
>>
I'm schizoaffective (bipolar + schizophrenia) with undiagnosed asperger's or ASD.

My thoughts are so disorganized for the most part that I can't hold down a job or carry on a conversation.

I'm just gonna monitor this thread.
>>
>>18103260
It's only seemingly unaffected. When I was dealing with clinical depression, school, friendships, etc. slipped during the initial months when I couldn't manage to get out of bed; however, once my doctor got me on treatment that worked, I was clear-headed enough to fake what needed to be faked.

Not to mention mental illness can manifest differently from individual to individual. Some also start with stronger support systems that prevent social fallout where looser bonds might break.
>>
>>18103260
People deal with mental illness in different ways. I always try to look my best and keep up relationships even if I feel like shit inside
>>
>>18103244
Male, 30's.
I was a cutter. When people genuinely cut, it has everything to do with emotion. And absolutely nothing to do with mental state.
>>
>>18103276
>try to look my best and keep up relationships even if I feel like shit inside

I could never get how people do this. I'm feeling terrible it shows, I just can't hide it.
>>
I wonder the same thing OP.
I'm bipolar, but very depressed 99% of the time. Once didn't leave my dorm room for 5 months. With all the pissing in bottles and shitting in the freezer that entails.
But I talk to some other mentally ill people and they talk like they're fucking miserable, but they're finishing up their master's degree with honors? Yet on the other hand I find them to be more whine-y and such than me, so I don't know how to even compare our illnesses, even when our diagnosis is the same.

I realize mental illness is different for everyone. I enjoy my sadness and my anger, but I'm not functional at all. Other people are miserable but very functional. It's confusing and there's no answer.

Social skills are a whole 'nother thing though.
>>
>>18103304
>they talk like they're fucking miserable, but they're finishing up their master's degree with honors
This is exactly what I'm talking about. It has to be bullshit, there's no other logical explanation.

>shitting in the freezer
Hadn't heard that one before.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.