[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really don't like black people or enjoy seeing them or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: 1488744629645.jpg (89KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488744629645.jpg
89KB, 600x800px
I really don't like black people or enjoy seeing them or being around them (just how I feel), but I never say hurtful words to them or act hostile to them. Am I racist? If yes how can I fix that?
>>
>>18102838
>Am I racist?
Dislike or discomfort of any person's race, ethnicity, or culture is one of the most common characteristics of racism. It isn't defined by what you say, what you do, how you react, etc. It's defined by the attitude and approaches in the first place.

>If yes how can I fix that?
Usually finding a person of that race you can feel comfortable with and exposing yourself to their culture.
>>
>>18102838
Is it racist? To an extent, but I feel where you are coming from. You can't let it be a blanket over the entire race though. I know decent black people I enjoy being around, but I really don't like aspects of their culture. Mainly the way they act in groups. I am the same as you, I have these feelings but I would never take them beyond feelings because even if I dislike and disagree with actions, I recognize my opinions as just that, opinions. Any actions that go against my opinions are okay until they venture into the realm of causing harm. I really admire aspects of their culture. Their families reach out more and have a more homely feel in my opinion. They have a strong sense of defending their people. There are things I don't like though, after being in high schools with a lot of black people. In large groups, especially in schools, they don't seem to know the limits of certain social behaviors. The part of this that gets me is it often branches out to roasting people, which is all well in good, but I find it turns hateful much of the time. I strongly dislike the blingy material nature that is prevalent in their culture, but I would be naive to say it isn't in white culture. I am also aware that many of their culture's faults are there due to past oppression from whites. Why do they wear gold chains? Because that is the only chain they are going to have around their neck anymore. They weren't allowed anything for such a long period of time that they compensate by showing off what they have now. I really hate their music though, I feel this is the worst aspect in my opinion. It is grotesque. All about guns, money, women, and drugs, and it is all over the radio. All the kids listen to it. It is ignorant and subliminally destroying anyone that listens to it. But again, I believe the white man has kept them in these ghettos and systematically attacked their race with drugs and poverty. It takes two to tango though.
>>
>>18102838
humans are tribal, you want to be surrounded by people from your own tribe, people who you share characteristics with. Most people are like that, the only people who say that they are colorblind are either virtue signaling or were forced to grow up in a big city with people from all kinds of cultures and races
>>
>>18102838
you are absolutely racist.

you gotta just pull your head out of your ass and look at them as people other than as black-skinned animals. i dunno what else to say.

you're just super ignorant anon.
>>
>>18102920
i.e. realize that not all black people = black person.

not all white people = white person. marshall fucking mathers is not a typical white person.

if you aren't trolling you need to go outside more often or go to different places and see the world.
>>
>>18102920

I think you're projecting on to OP a bit. They didn't say they look down on them, or see them as animals. They're just uncomfortable, probably because they've never really interacted with black people growing up. At least OP's trying to recognize the problem and fix it.
>>
>>18102890
it is not white peoples fault that blacks are the way they are. Asians where slaves too, and Irish people where the majority of slaves and you don't see them acting the way black are. They have an inferiority complex because they know that they come from the place of the world with the second dumbest people, right after Australian Aborigines. They like to overcompensate because of that, tend to be more materialistic and have more sex. They are afraid and paranoid of everyone else, it's like they thing that because other people are smarter then them ´that they are going to fool them or use them. They like to spend time with people who are like them and therefore most of them will never ''evolve'', be as productive as other people. Blacks are keeping other blacks down.
>>
>>18102920
you took personal offense, this is not about you, nobody hates YOU.
>>
>>18102941
yeah i got emotional. im white, btw.

i just hate ignorance. it's hard for me to tolerate it. which makes me ignorant in a way.

>>18102935
true, but they're ignorant enough to think that all black people = black person.

all objects in the sky = stars.

all spices used in food = hot spices.

and im assuming they are over 20 years old. no idea how someone could have that outlook. although i come from an ethnically diverse area, so i dunno.
>>
I don't mind them when they are civilized.
My experiences with black people include attempted robbery with a knife, attempted robbery of my car and waiting for one to check his 20 lottery tickets at a shop.
>>
>>18102963
you do realize that meeting 3 black people =/= meeting black people, right?

if an alien came here and met a single group of humans walking down a street and they all pulled out weapons and tried to kill it, do you think it'd be reasonable for that whole species of alien to assume that all humans hate extraterrestrial life?

you have to be trolling, i gotta leave this thread, dunno how to explain simple concepts to people like you
>>
>>18102956
no you don't hate ignorance, you hate the thought of someone thinking you are ignorant, please read this article.
http://reason.com/blog/2017/03/01/moral-outrage-is-self-serving
>>
>>18102975
omg we get it, you are not racist. now calm down.
>>
>>18102975

Look everyone Mensa is missing a member.
>>
lol i wish i didnt open this thread again.

>>18102979
im not gonna read someone else's theory on life.

i hate ignorance cuz i've been through it. i've been hated for being white, or italian, or some other reason. and it's illogical and shitty to do that. and it's a big reason why people cant accept each other.

>>18102982
YOU CALM DOWN
>>
>>18102987
you say that because why? you think im trying to flaunt my (meager little) intelligence around in front of people?

do you people do shit just so that you are perceived doing it and are known as someone that does whatever you do?

cuz that's exactly the vibe im getting from all of you
>>
>>18102992
so you don't read other peoples opinions but think you are so tolerant because you don't mind black people? No, this is not the reason why you are posting here, but you are too ignorant of other peoples opinions to even think about changing you stance. Why are you even on this board?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1481714651003.jpg (41KB, 447x673px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481714651003.jpg
41KB, 447x673px
>>18103001
>everyone in this thread is against me
>it must be everyone else's fault
>>
>>18102838
NO, you are NOT a racist. Stop reading into it.
>>
>>18103004
i dont necessarily think im tolerant.

well actually yes i do. i dont let anything hinder my ability to give someone i do not know anything about a fresh chance at my kindness and social effort. in other words, i am not prejudiced.

and i dont think i need other people's opinions to come to a tolerant worldview. so i dont read philosophy or anything of the like.

and i do feel like i, in many cases, have the capacity to clear people's outlooks up and help them get through their issues.

but in the case of racist people, i totally 100% admit that i get emotional and stupid.

i really should not be on this particular thread. someone that is able to communicate with such a person should.

you must realize: it is not often that an openly racist person comes out and says they think they might be racist and dont want to be anymore. in most cases, racist people i've met dont give a shit and just wanna keep on with their ignorant outlooks no matter what you say. im not used to it.

i will give props to OP for realizing that racism is bad and that, if (s)he IS racist, (s)he wants to change it.

>>18103011
I never said that. You all are just coming at me acting like im either a) saying things because i want people to know im 'tolerant' or not ignorant

or b) that i want to flaunt my intelligence? lol? no.
>>
>>18103024
not liking a person (i.e. not wanting to be around them) because they have black skin is racist. literally.
>>
>>18103029
Perhaps it is time to rethink the idea that racism is bad.
>>
>>18103033
and this is why i cant talk to racist people logically.

they say stupid shit like this.

and if you are not racist, i have absolutely no fucking idea how you could possibly come to that conclusion.
>>
>>18103027
P R O J E C T I N G
so hard
>>
>>18103041
I don't think people where ''racist'' towards you because you are italian or white, I think people hated you because you're an asshole
>>
>>18102838
yes you're racist, but you don't act racist towards people (and discriminate etc) which is fine and a lot better than some people, all sane black people don't really care about your opinions like that and your entitled to it i guess.
>>
>>18103033
this
nothing wrong with wanting to be around your own people
>>
>>18103050
im an asshole because im insensitive to racist people?

>>18103044
explain *grabs a brewsky*
>>
>>18103060
there is though.

it's divisive.

it slows progress down. for the entire species.

>>18103062
insensitive TOWARDS* racist people

i guess trying to explain this type of stuff on 4chan is kinda inherently retarded. lots of racist people on here lol
>>
>>18102920
>"ignorant"
>all this projecting
Found the black guy
>>
>All this virtue signalling ITT

prove to me that preferring the company of your own kind is wrong.
>>
>>18103062
read the article I posted
>>
>>18103041
>and this is why i cant talk to racist people logically.
AH HA, so you're admitting you're just spouting irrational nonsense!
>>
>>18103070
im white lol

>>18103074
i cant explain logical things to people that do not utilize logic themselves.
>>
>>18103068
>it slows progress down. for the entire species.

What is "progress" ? A unilateral hell march towards a single, poverty-stricken mulatto race ruled by their global corporate overlords? No thanks. Perhaps you should consider some more "diverse" views of human progress.
>>
alright i just got trolled out of this thread.

enjoy your racist, divisive outlooks on people, 4channers. man. :'0)

>>18103085
one parting thought.. not every globalist scenario has to be like that.
>>
>>18103100
>:'0)
Nobody will miss you, reddit.
>>
Racist is overused as a word, it means effectively nothing now.

Eight solid years of Obama went by, and the prison population / inner cities / lack of school choice didn't change much. You're still on a pipeline to the plantation; all the rich people saying 'racist' are saying it for their own benefit not for yours.
>>
>>18103084
so you are unable to express yourself and unable to put yourself in other peoples shoes or to see something from an other perspective. You are even afraid of thinking about that you might be wrong or reading thing that you may not like to hear. You are afraid of any facts that aren't approved by you and you want to protect yourself from anything that might shake up your fragile view on reality. Open up some more, maybe? Talk to people who disagree with you? Because what we are having here isn't a conversation, you are ignoring all the taking points of the other anons and never engage. You are a closed book, safe sealed, you are in a bubble. Are you maybe autistic?
>>
>>18103107

He's trolling.
>>
File: n8umjWj.png (3KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
n8umjWj.png
3KB, 698x1284px
>>18103118
suuure
fuck, I think I'm more racist now than I was before. This thread did it for me. Kill all kikes and niggers!
>>
I think you should evaluate your feelings/attitudes not by asking whether they can be classified under some very unclear, negatively perceived social phenomenon (racism), but by having these attitudes undergo a critical and rational understanding / reevaluating.
Like, where does the feeling of not liking black people and being uncomfortable come from? Is it (anecdotal) evidence from personal experience with blacks, the way blacks are portrayed/perceived in your environment, a lack of exposure resulting in a fear of the unknown combined with a fear of the different/strange (the same way people are afraid of spiders) resulting in uncomfortableness?

With regards to racism, you need to first find a definition of racism, and then think about whether your feelings could pass under that definition. If you take the first sentence of the Wikipedia article as your definition of racism:
> Racism is discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity.
then I would say your attitude (which is a prejudice according to the wiki article on prejudice, I think) could probably be regarded as racism. But does that label help you in any way? There's no evilness inherent in this label. It depends what the underlying ideas are. Also note that the second sentence of the wiki article says that there's not any single definition of racism. I myself would have expected a different one, under which your attitude would not be regarded as racism. So it really depends on what you understand racism to be.
>>
>>18102890
You gotta listen to some real blues, reggae, african/caribbean jazz and so on my man. That mainstream shit is bately scratching the surface and is prevalent among any mainstream cultures. That being said I can appreciate when they sing about how life is in thw ghetto and the streets shit was harsh.
>>
>>18102838
its no big deal if you don't actively harm them, which you say you don't so, so whateves.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.