[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My life has been on a downward spiral since my uncle shot himself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: desktop-sad-dog-face-pics.jpg (935KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
desktop-sad-dog-face-pics.jpg
935KB, 1920x1200px
My life has been on a downward spiral since my uncle shot himself last year.

Some highlights:
>Couldn't focus at work, turned down an offered promotion, quit
>Can't focus at new job
>Live in squalor (in my bedroom, my house is ok though)
>Gained a bunch of weight back
>Constant drinking
>Nothing seems fun anymore

Add to this that I've lost most of my meaningful relationships with anyone that doesn't have too many problems of their own to help me...

I feel really lost and the only time I don't feel this overwhelming apathy toward life is when I'm sleeping.

This isn't all just because of his suicide, I know, but has anyone dealt with this? How do I pull up from this plane crash?
>>
Some basic tips tht help with those feelings: exercise, sleep and working towards something. Yoga can do wonders for you.
>>
>>18102676
>Gained a bunch of weight back
How much are we talking about?
>>
>>18102828

I lost 60 lbs. over the past two years. I went from 225ish to 165.

I'm back up to 185-190 depending on the day, and not a "good" 185. It's mainly fat, not muscle. Pic related of what I'd lost.
>>
>>18103164
It's really common for people to regain weight because your body releases a chemical called leptin to increase appetite and reduce metabolism until you're back to your old weight. You just have to be careful watching what you eat and not slack off on exercise.

But as to your main issue I don't really know what to say other than get help. Do you have a therapist? If not you should definitely get one. Especially if you're worried you might hurt yourself.
>>
>>18103225

I was very careful about eating after the weight loss, and was moderating my alcohol. When he killed himself, I let it all go.

I went to a couple of therapist visits, but couldn't reasonably maintain them with work. I'm not worried I'm going to hurt myself, though.
>>
>>18103735
>I'm not worried I'm going to hurt myself, though.
But you are though, Just not in a way thats obvious to you.
>>
>>18103735
That's a bullshit excuse and you know it. There are 7 day a week therapists. Therapists with evening hours. You have time to see one on a regular basis. You just don't want the help.
>>
>>18104129

I don't know how to find one, really. I'd easily go if I could. Besides spending hours calling around (which I'm not really in the state for), I don't know how to track one down.

I found a family therapist that I went to once, but we both agreed that she wasn't the right fit, and she had no one to recommend me to in my time slot.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.