[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a female hermit in the woods working remotely making a humble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: Snow+in+Desert.jpg (133KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Snow+in+Desert.jpg
133KB, 800x600px
I am a female hermit in the woods working remotely making a humble living. I come from a weallthy family and I decided I did not want a life like that. I dress very comfortable and take care of myself but wearing fancy clothes in the woods is not pratical. I do not know what to do about my mother anymore whenever she comes to visit she will show me clothes on her phone asking if I like it and when I reply no she will get angry and pull out the clothes out of her purse and say she already bought it for me and that I am miserable to her. When I tel her that it is not practical for me to wear she gets angry. The clothes she buys me are skimpy brand dresses that girls my age would wear but I have no interest in it. My mother been dressing me like a doll since I was a baby all the way up until I moved out. I am unsure how to handle her because she is becoming more maniplautive. I should also add that before I left I was her emotional punching bag.
>>
>>18102289
Tell her that you are an adult and you buy your own clothes.
>>
File: il_570xN.369666797_5xlp.jpg (55KB, 570x738px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.369666797_5xlp.jpg
55KB, 570x738px
Welp.. sounds like a thread for /fa/ to handle. What exactly do you enjoy wearing?
>>
>>18102296
I already have Anon. She even drags my husband into it trying to get him to get me to dress how she wants. The only thing that works that gets accross to her is me being mean to her but that is only a temporary stop.
>>
Stop inviting her over if she won't/can't respect your lifestyle choices
>>
>>18102305
I dress like this minus the top being see through.
>>
File: wpid-office-wear-sexy-dress.jpg (115KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
wpid-office-wear-sexy-dress.jpg
115KB, 736x1104px
>>18102313
My mom wants me to dress like this

>>18102310
She invites herself over. I am very close with my dad but hes unsure what to do about her either.
>>
My fianceƩ's mum does the same to her, they're not rich though, I think it's just a mum thing. Personally, when I see it happening, I know it's making my other half uncomfortable, but I also see a sort of desperation in her mum to try and connect and to be, I guess, friends with her daughter. Their relationship is kind of rocky at the best of times, her mum being kind of explosive temperamentally - though she does have a high stress job.

OP, I know it's exasperating, but I feel your mum may not be trying to smother your individualism, but actually, just doesn't know how to connect with you, and just uses fashion as it's what normally works with most other women.

Talk to your partner, see what he says - after all, lot of the time, distance is the only way of getting clear perspective. Then, have an honest talk with your mum, it sounds as though there are things that aren't being said between the two of you. If things work out, try to find some commonality, something you can share between the two of you - it might improve your relationship with your mum a lot. You don't have to fall back into the role of emotional punching bag.
>>
>>18102339
Thank you Anon I will try I am more of a tomboy so I have no interest in clothing. The only hobby my mom has is shopping sadly I have tried to get her into different hobbies but she does not like anything really. I have asked her what she liked as a kid and teenager too and she always tells me that she only likes to shop. I will go with her to make her happy but all it does is cause me to be frustrated because she spends money like its water and has never worked a day in her life.
>>
>>18102353

I can appreciate that you're two very different people. You're interested in the outdoors though, and as a consumerist pig your mum likes pretty things, so why not try going to a botanic garden, flower show or something similar, maybe a gallery if she appreciate art?

These are just ideas though, I might be biased as I'm a gardener myself. Garden shows in my country (UK) tend to be filled with upper middle class old ladies, and I get good conversations out of them simply through the shared passion of plants.
>>
File: 1488039569429.jpg (373KB, 1200x1660px) Image search: [Google]
1488039569429.jpg
373KB, 1200x1660px
>>18102313
I see, seems like a normal way to dress for a lady. I'm a guy, 31, I like girls who dress kinda country, but in a reserved old fashioned way. I was smitten with a girl recently who wore these black dress lants and a long sleave black shirt with red flowers on it, had on cowgirl boots. The way she was + the way she dressed had me crushing.

Your mom probably loved dressing you up as a kid, and felt maybe that was a big part of bonding between you too(?) Like a girl bonding thing maybe (?)
>>
File: dirkadirka.jpg (22KB, 326x258px) Image search: [Google]
dirkadirka.jpg
22KB, 326x258px
>>18102289
Tell your mother that you converted to Islam. Wear a full length burka whenever she visits.

Tell her that you respect her, but to wear such clothing would be a sin against Allah.
>>
>>18102366
I do garden already Anon and do art she tells me she does not have pacitence for them. I also got her a camera for photography.
>>
>>18102367
long pants*
sleeve*
wtf am i typing.
>>
>>18102382
Oh god my sides. I am pagan I do not think she believe me lol.
>>
as someone else has said, this is probably a mum thing. Mine, while not actually buying me stuff, always tells me when she saw something that would fit me. For birthdays/christmas she buys me stuff even when explicitly asked not to do so. And I'm male.

>>18102313
>>18102326
In my view, these are roughly equally fancy/trying-to-be-sexy, just a different kind. When you said you live in the woods, I expected something plain and functional, almost outdoor tier. Like a decent pair of Lowa shoes.

A possible explanaition is that your mother sees stuff she cannot wear for whatever reason, still wants to buy it, so she buys it and gives it to you. Or she likes dressing up puppets and you are her victim. Like, this is not benevolent behavior, she does it for her sake and not for yours.
An option is to refuse the clothes, and if she insists on not taking them back, you send it back to her as a packet with no comment. If she brings it back, declare that any further clothing she gives you unasked will imediately be put on ebay or donated to a good cause (there are plenty of organisations who wil take your clothes to send them to people who actually need them).
Maybe you could also begin to gift random shit to her that she clearly won't appreciate. Like a chainsaw.
Gift her a mannequin next christmas.
>>
>>18102390
>I am a pagan

white trash confirmed.
>>
>>18102384

Goddamn. I'm sorry OP, this is the worst situation to be in - by the sounds of it your mum has been allowed to fester in a state of long term arrested development, where she's never needed nor wanted to develop any sense of intellectual curiosity about the world around her.

This might require a long-term rehabilitation programme to get your mum some actual hobbies and interests - basically turning her into a real person, rather than a 2D cardboard cutout of one. For that one, I don't have much advise, all I can say is that it would be in both of your best interests, particularly for staving off old-age neurological problems like dementia and Alzheimers.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 460x451px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 460x451px
>>18102289

Just take that stuff and do your own thing after she's gone.

Thank me later
>>
>>18102289
Take the fucking clothes and let your mom do something nice once in a while, how is that hurting you? Fucks sake.
>>
just say no.

if she argues say no.

if she continues to argue say 'goodbye'

she'll get the picture.
>>
>>18102399
Wear steel toes outside as well as gloves when needed I have none of my skin showing. Pic posted is my longue wear around the house. I am not going wear something like that while hiking or wood working but I did not think I needed to point that out Anon.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.