[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The things I have to learn for my class are frustrating me, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1475478321047.jpg (61KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1475478321047.jpg
61KB, 900x900px
The things I have to learn for my class are frustrating me, it's so uninteresting how it's all being presented, none of it is sticking and I don't really want to carry on even though I have to so I don't fail.

What should I do?
>>
>>18102232
A bump is what I will do.
>>
>>18102232
What class?
>>
>>18102299
Java programming.
>>
>>18102304
Is it like the intro class to Java or a more advanced class? The professor I had for my intro programming class was pretty bad and would explain things in unnecessarily complicated ways. Java is incredibly popular, and there are a lot of sources for learning it. Learning for the textbook worked fine for me, but if it doesn't for you, trying listening to someone else explain it online. Pick the concept your having trouble with and type it into YouTube. There are a ton of people with tutorial videos on it.
>>
>>18102333
It's supposed to be an introduction to the language yeah. The problem is that we have this online textbook where 25% of the grade is in its assignments that are given after it explains each concept in the most boring way possible without any real hands on exercises, making almost none of it stick. I need to learn from that "book" just to do the homework, no way around it as far as I know.
>>
>>18102376
Well, the concepts of java are the same no matter what class you take, I don't see how your online textbook could cover concepts not covered in other intro classes. If you learn the concepts and you understand how to use the syntax, any problem should be doable in your homework. What's something that you're learning that's difficult to understand?
>>
>>18102450
That's probably true, I'm actually behind on the homework so while I might just try to find other places to learn from in after this it might still be best to go through the textbook right now as the assignments are tailored to each lesson making it faster, even if the lessons are mind numbing.

I mostly want a way to chug through all of this so I can get caught up without blowing my brains out but if it's best to learn elsewhere I'm open to it.

>What's something that you're learning that's difficult to understand?
The section I'm doing right now is objects and classes and every single thing(it seems) related to that.
>>
>>18102304

Use the concepts your learning to build a game (a text game in the console if you're new) or something else that interests you.
>>
>>18102505
I don't know how your class is taught or what kind of homework they assign you, but the best way to do well in the class is to thoroughly understand all the concepts and understand in detail what's happening to the code you write when you run it. Some of the conceptual stuff in the objects and classes section can be tough to grasp at first, but after you understand that, the rest is pretty easy. I could help you if you had any questions or problems with the material.
>>
File: shit sux.jpg (164KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
shit sux.jpg
164KB, 500x500px
Hang in there, OP.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.