[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my gf is a foreigner in my country and she's decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0498.jpg (210KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0498.jpg
210KB, 1080x1080px
So my gf is a foreigner in my country and she's decided that she wants to move back to her home.

She asked me if I was willing to follow her and well, I am not.
I love her very much but I can't!
Main reason: it took me 8 long years of doing shit jobs with my degree to get the dream job, Ive now been working it for about a year and a half and I can't go back to doing shit jobs.. I mean this job was the plan, this is why I bothered getting that degree in the first place!

I can't leave my job!
I don't want to break up with my gf.

What do?
>>
>>18101876
How long have you been together? How serious is it?
>>
>>18101878
We've been together for about a year..We live together currently (unoficially: She has her own place but she's always at my place)
>>
>>18101881
Are you willing to throw away 8 years of hard work for her?

I wouldn't, but that's easy for me to say. Its a bit selfish of her to want you to move
>>
>>18101883
I wouldn't say it's selfish of her...
She told me about this the other day only, after she came back from a week in her honecountry: "Before I met you I was planning to seriously move back home, then we met and I sort of put those plans on hold for you, but the issue remains: I miss my home, very much and it get's harder every day and now when I went back for a week I realized how important it is for me to move back"
>Paraphrased
>>
>>18101883
If anything it's selfish of me to want her to stay in my opinion
>>
>>18101876
You shouldn't fuck Mexicans.
>>
>>18101876
They don't need that skill in her dump home country?
>>
>>18101876

Is it not possible to get the same kind of job in her home country? If you have the degree and now work experience, you should be able to travel with it.. right?
>>
>>18101891
Exactly, why don't you search for the same job there? Even if you want to spend a year or two in the same company (to get more experience or whatever), you could try a LDR for a determined amount of time.
>>
>>18101876
Break up.
I don't advise this usually, but I've been in your same situation and, really, there is no positive outcome unless you find your dream job in her home country.

If you move with her, you will have to give up on your dream job and resent her for it.
If she stays, she will resent you for taking her away from home.

In this case, you have inconciliabile plans for the future and there is no way both of you can be happy.
Break up, suffer for a while and move on with your life.
>>
>>18101889
She's not mexican though
>>
>>18101881
My god... 1 year... Listen kid, you'll be fine. It will hurt, it will take some time to get used to being single again, but it is not the end of the world. Stick with your dream-job. Otherwise you will be sorry for the rest of your life. So: don't be fucking stupid. 1 year... You shouldn't even ask for an advice. Good luck.
>>
>>18101891
>>18101898
Well, I will try that, but I don't have very high hopes on getting lucky with it.

I mean my field exists everywhere and there is an international standard in it so even if my education is here i can go to wherever and it should follow the same routines.

The issue about finding the "dreamjob" again is that I work in a small sub-field within this field and this small sub-field is firstly in very low demand since it's a small field but when there is a position open people from all over the world will apply for it... you will have to get really lucky to be "the one" for it.
>>
>>18101910
No, no, no. Don't lose your fucking mind for a 1 year relationship. Be reasonable. Seriously. Think with your brain, not with your dick.
>>
>>18101916
I know what I should do, but I don't really want to do it...
Both options seems like a bad option to me.
>>
>>18101917
No. The only bad option is the one where you move with your gf. It is the ultimate bad option. Nobody doubts that you love your gf. But you can have dozens of gfs in your life. Your dream job can be once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do what you really love/like for a living. It is not worth to give up on your dreams for a 1 year relationship. What if she breaks up with you within one year? You'll be single again and you will end with a lame job. It's stupid. Don't be stupid.
>>
Have you considered trying to meet your gf halfway whilst hanging onto your own wants?

Maybe agree to spend xyz amount of time in her home country? With or without you. So she goes for 6 weeks and you come for the last half or something.

Maybe she's feeling a lot better about her home country then she actually feels. Basically a little homesick. Run this by her and see how she feels.

If it doesn't go so well then I think the mature and reasoned decision would be to break up. No hard feelings, you're just looking for different things in life.
>>
>>18101917
my aunt moved from here (UK) to france with her son to live with the man she had been with to two years. Now that man is in america doing fuck knows what (actually thats a lie we know he's moved in with another woman thats a doctor etc from his facebook boasting but :P) and she's in france away from the rest of the family with her son pretty damn miserable. Not saying it will happen to you, but it can happen
>>
>>18101876
Tell her how you feel.
>>
>>18101876
What is your current job?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.