[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am i such an heartless asshole? My cat has gone missing and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1482943975851.jpg (26KB, 282x325px) Image search: [Google]
1482943975851.jpg
26KB, 282x325px
Why am i such an heartless asshole?
My cat has gone missing and everytime my mother cries about it i laugh like an asshole, this happens when my father has sharp pain while eating too (he has trigeminal neuralgia).
I even laugh at people with weird voices, when they commit mistakes and stuff like that
Why am i like this? how do i make this stop?
>>
>>18101867
Laughing like an asshole is probably how you cope with uncomfortable situations.
>>
>>18101871
I don't know, i laugh like that even in situations that are not uncomfortable
>>
>>18101945
That's because you're uncomfortable so often that laughing at everything has become your general defense mechanism and barrier between you and anything that might get close enough to you to make you uncomfortable. The cat makes you remember you're mortal. Your father choking makes you remember that your parents are too. Rather than acknowledge these feelings, you're choosing to just react to them in the primate way that says "everything's okay, don't worry!" That's why you laugh. You do it because deep inside you're tremendously insecure.
>>
>>18101867
You could be a sociopath or psychopath. It sounds like you are having tendencies to respond to situations with the opposite normal responses. This might be tied to some psychological disjoint of feelings.

Probably not though, it sounds like you are feeling bad later. Is it a genuine bad feeling you are feeling now or is it like a logical realization that you feel like you should feel bad or should be feeling something?

It's pretty common to laugh when someone fucks up, that's all America's funniest home videos is.
>>
>>18101965
Ouch, that's pretty harsh to swallow.

>>18101976
I feel bad about not feeling bad about what i did, does that make sense?
>>
>>18102004
Sounds like you aren't a full blow psycho, as long as you can really feel empathy sometimes or feel like you want to help people ect.

Have you had any big tramatic events in your childhood? Adoption or been assaulted?
>>
>>18102004
>I feel bad about not feeling bad about what i did, does that make sense?
That's the thing, that's you, again, depersonalizing what happened, separating yourself from directly feeling guilty because if you feel guilty you must have done something wrong, and if you accept that, that makes you acknowledge your fallibility. That's why your insecure. That's why you react this way.
>>
I remember involuntarily smirking when my mom or sister were bawling their eyes out when my grandma died. They were pretty angry at me as to why I was smiling while they were grieving but I don't understand why I was either. I was sad as well. Maybe my emotions were out of whack.
>>
>>18101965
>>18102026

I've doing the same thing (albeit in a less extreme way) OP does for years. I feel like what you're describing is the reason why I started doing this, but it's been so long and I can't even tell anymore. Acting this way became extremely natural and comfortable.

Honestly, it's a pretty great way to live your life, I'm sure OP can confirm too. At first you act like you don't care and then one day you wake up and actually don't care. Fake it till you make it. I must tell, it's amazing. You feel absolutely invincible, nothing ever phases you, not even personal shit that should affect you and you alone. Family dies - whatever. You lose some money - lol. You get sick - hoho eat shit. Every situation that requires subtlety and careful maneuvering you just plow through recklessly and in the end get what you want anyway. The only price is this vague lack of substantiality in your life but oh well.

I say keep on trucking OP.
>>
>>18102059
That's a tough one, it's usually something I see in people who have developed odd defense mechanism due to trauma.

Usually I see it in adopted kids, like an inner viciousness and lack of empathy. I suppose it could form due to other reasons as well.
>>
File: 1472067029112.jpg (337KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1472067029112.jpg
337KB, 1000x750px
>>18102064
And that's a fair position to take. I admit, I took such a position myself. After transcending my social class and becoming financially independent, I felt like my life was lacking in goals and an overall focus, so I watched videos with Ajahn Brahm and learned about introspection and what it means to be self-aware, and made changes in my life that have made me much happier. For example, I volunteer in shelters for the Red Cross as a low level administrator, I do damage assessments in disaster areas, and I translate articles for universities in Portuguese speaking countries for publication in English language medical journals for a very, very low cost and often for free. I'm committed to positive change, and I've devoted the balance of my life to helping the causes of the working class, the poor, and the homeless. Picture is unrelated.
>>
>>18101867
Here's a quick litmus test: go to a rekt thread or best gore . Com and see how much you laugh. It will either cure you or you'll discover that you're a psycho...
>>
>>18102059
>involuntarily smirking
Holy shit this happens to me all the time too. I think this is a involuntarily defense mechanism too.
>>
>>18102228
Gore disgusts me
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.