[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is moving away from home at 19 normal? I'm literally the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Is moving away from home at 19 normal?
I'm literally the only person in all my social circles that has.

Did I fuck myself over, or do myself a favor, for doing it this early?
>>
Are you paying your own bills? Working? Going to school?

You can always move back in, right? Or is that not an option?

Honestly at 19 you could get addicted to hard drugs and go through rehab, and still emerge with tons of time to get your life sorted out.
>>
>>18101724
>Are you paying your own bills? Working? Going to school?
Part-time working, and doing a bit on the side to make ends meet.
Overall I am not saving up money, mostly just spending time recovering from years long depression, through cooking healthy food, hitting the gym, and getting proper sleep.

>You can always move back in, right? Or is that not an option?
Nope, room already turned into home office

>Honestly at 19 you could get addicted to hard drugs and go through rehab, and still emerge with tons of time to get your life sorted out.
Never been a fan of recreational drug use. It's enjoyable but not so much I would spend much time or money on it.
>>
That shit was the norm a few years back.
>>
>>18101717
Lot's of people move away from home at 19 for college.

If you moved out, but live in the same town, then I would question your decision. If you're gonna live in your hometown, it's better to live with your parents and save the money you'd spend on an apartment and food.
>>
>>18101717
You did yourself a great service, friend. Best of luck, anon, and have a good one!
>>
>>18101729
I think spending time recovering from a depression and enjoying life is a great idea, you'll have a much better idea of what you want to pursue for a job/trade/educational path with a bit of personal growth. I'm biased, I did the same thing. I'm 23 and after living (sometimes with help, sometimes without) on my own for 5 years I've gotten tired of the work within reach and am returning to school, and feeling great about it.

I do worry about you living paycheck to paycheck though - can your family help if something goes wrong?

Do you have any education funds saved up by your family?
>>
>>18101742
I live in a country with free Universities, which is a massive help.
I can't really find any full-time job near me. I am really close to getting a full-time job as an insurance phoneseller, its about an hour away by train.

I have 0 family funds of any kind, and never got a handout. Every penny I have I earned on my own, and I've had a job since 14
>>
>>18101734
Until what age? I'm 24 and after moving back in with my parents after college I never want to leave...
>>
I started living alone since 17. My parents helped me much with renting and shit, I must say it's best decision ever despite some cons like feeling lonely at weekends.
>>
>>18101717
i'm 22 and wish i could have moved out at your age.
now i sit at home, go to community college, smoke, drink, and do fuck all, all day.
you got it made kid, keep doing what you're doing.
i cant even begin to think of how the fuck i move out. i have no money, job, or credit here in burgerland.
>>
>>18101717
My older brother left at 17, no high school diploma, no nothing. It was tough, but he's 25 now and yeah, he works in food, but he's in a good position and recently got his own house. It all depends on the type of person you are.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.