[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was laid off from my job a month ago. I've been job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: giphy-1.gif (472KB, 508x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-1.gif
472KB, 508x270px
So I was laid off from my job a month ago. I've been job hunting but so far have not heard back from anything yet. I currently live in NY and I'm hoping to find another job here but I'm willing to relocate anywhere if I get my dream job.

So my boyfriend is currently in school earning his master degree in Westchester Pennsylvania. Since my layoff, I've driven up to see him and stay at his apartment for two nights every other week, but since he would be in school most of the day, I would end up staying in his apartment most of the day watching tv or playing video games or I would go out and check out a local mall.

Now my boyfriend is asking me to live with him while I look for a job. I tell him I'll only move with him if I find a job there. He thinks I should stay with him while job hunting and I can always move back to NY if I end up getting a job there.

I think this is just really impractical. 1. It'd be a pain in the ass to move everything to his apartment which is 2 hours away. And what happens if the moment I move in with him, I get a job interview or an offer in NYC? I'd have to move everything back.
2. There would be no room for everything I need. I'm a illustrator so I'd need all my art supplies and my computer to stay productive. He lives in a 1 bedroom apartment. There wouldn't be any space for my clothes, and shoes alone, nevermind my supplies.
3. If I don't get a job soon, what am I supposed to do while he's gone at school for 7 hours? I would need my work with me to stay productive. If not, I can only stay inside to watch tv and go to a local mall by myself for so long. At least where I live now, I have friends and family to spend time with.

I've told my boyfriend these factors bit he thinks I'm being difficult when I feel like I have valid reasons not to live with him where he is right now. Am I wrong? How can I get through to him?
>>
Ask him if he knows anyone who's hiring. Most jobs are gotten from word of mouth from friends/family.
>>
Has your boyfriend been to your place? Does he know how much stuff you have and how much there would be to move?

Also I agree with you, don't move. It's pointless
>>
>>18101154
OP stop being a bitch and move in with him.
>>
>>18101202
Why should she? He's there for school, she's looking for work.
>>
>>18101189
I don't think he knows. His focus right now is on school. I'm the one job searching and there's nothing in his area relevant to my work experience.
>>
>>18101201
Of course he's been to my place and knows how much stuff I have. I don't understand how he thinks I'd be able to live with him with all the stuff I have. If I'm to live with him, I at least need my own workspace. Plus there is only one closet in his bedroom and it's full of his clothes and shoes.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.