[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make up for being a brainlet? I'm clear minded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1488594333368.jpg (183KB, 1878x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1488594333368.jpg
183KB, 1878x1030px
How do I make up for being a brainlet?

I'm clear minded and pretty emotionally stable, but I don't have a ton of sheer brain power or problem solving abilities.
>>
I can relate, OP. I'm also extremely stupid (that would be putting it lightly)
I recommend reading alot of books and increasing your vocabulary as it makes you sound smart, and that's all that actually matter.
>>
>>18100996
>>18101005

Why do you think that you're just inherently dumb? (asking both of you)

I know people do stupid things sometimes, but that doesn't make them stupid, it makes them human. Sometimes we do stupid things. Right?
>>
>>18101017
If you knew exactly how moronic i am and the things i've done you'd be surprised i'm even allowed to live outside of institutions.
>>
>>18101026
You can't beat my list of moronic shit, trust me... but even then, I've still got a 132 iq and made all AP/honors classes in HS.

So what metric are you really using?
>>
>>18101033
I couldn't read or write until i was 16 and i can barely comprehend basic math.
>>
>>18101017
I don't have a lot of trouble with common sense

But I seemingly have a mediocre or average ability to do math and pick up ideas/concepts, i.e. slowness

So not really mentally retarded but comparable to normalfags
>>
>>18101040
At least you didn't become more stupid over time.
>>
>>18100996
Let me tell you a history about Billy
Billy failed at calculus with an average score of 0.6/10
Billy thought he was dumb.
Billy got a textbook and started studying what he hadn't done in high school maths.
Billy passed next semester with an average score of 9.3/10
Billy is now a happy chemistry engineer doing PhD.

If billy can do it, so can you.
>>
>>18100996
I assume you're talking in terms of employment.

1. Have a good work ethic.

If you're a hard worker, especially if you're fast and accurate with what you DO know, you will be valuable. You may not be upper management material in a large organization, but being clear headed and stable can make you a good choice to directly manage others.

You can also do very well running your own business.

2. Extend your memory with notetaking.

If you haven't, you should develop a system for taking notes. It's not just important to write shit down, you also need to be able to quickly find relevant notes.

I would also suggest you get in the habit of documenting everything so you don't forget and so if there are questions about what you're doing and why, you have an answer. This is something that almost everyone should get used to doing.

3. Be methodical

Disciplined notetaking is part of this, but getting in the habit of doing this with everything is extremely useful. Figure out what your goal is and break it down into the steps you need to take to get there.

4. When you don't understand what's going on or how to do something, don't be afraid to seek help from people who do, or who are better at figuring it out.

There is no shame in this. Everyone starts out ignorant, and everyone is limited to how much stuff they can learn (if by nothing other than having a limited amount of time).

If you run your own business, you are probably going to be hiring people at least for legal and tax issues because getting expertise in those takes a lot of time even for very smart people.
>>
If you feel stupid because you do a lot of stupid shit, the fact that you know the shit is stupid means you have some level of common sense and you just need to practice self awareness and self control.

If you feel stupid because you have trouble grasping academic concepts, some people just take longer than others to pick up on things. Try looking for other ways to learn it.

Definitely read more books, especially the ones that teach you about yourself (self betterment/spirituality type stuff) if you're into those. They helped me the most because I was able to get in touch with what I want out of life and focus on doing productive shit every day with those goals in mind rather than sitting around and fucking my life up.

I kinda went off the road on this one. Hope it helped.

Also this >>18102365
>>
>>18100996
I struggle the same. Depression and anxiety are frying my brain so I can't concentrate and it's hard to get out of bed let alone educate myself. The fear is there that the thickness is natural. And on trying to learn the deficiency shows.

How I deal with it is I pick a weak spot and work on it. What is it you'd like to improve on, what kind of smart would you like to be? Then whenever you're bored - get books, Google shit, read comments of people talking about it that know more than you. If it baffles you the first time (or the third) just keep going over it and eventually some will sink in.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.