[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All I've ever wanted to do is be an animator. Since I graduated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: acartoonistiscoming.jpg (91KB, 480x357px) Image search: [Google]
acartoonistiscoming.jpg
91KB, 480x357px
All I've ever wanted to do is be an animator.
Since I graduated from animation college 4 years ago I've become increasingly depressed and isolated.
I stopped drawing and began to hate my old work because all I could see is the mistakes.
I still want to work as an animator/cartoonist but I'm not practicing or applying for jobs. No mystery as to why I'm not working.
My family is encouraging me to explore other areas but I still want to work in my field thought I'm not really trying. I can't even commit to giving up.

Has anyone ever dealt with an executive dysfunction? An inability to act or make decisions? There are many options open to me but I'm not pursuing any of them.

I could be practicing and working on my own projects for fun, I could nut up and apply for animation jobs, I could go back and study some more, I could try and find a new career. Instead I've spent the last four years doing nothing. It's May already and I'm heading toward a fifth year of doing absolutely nothing with my life.

What do I do /adv/?

[spoiler]inb4 kys[/spoiler]
>>
>>18100869
is it May already??

also, let us see some of your animations :)
>>
>>18100869
You might be depressed.

Seeing mistakes in your old work means you have improved enough to notice them. Thats a good thing senpai
>>
>>18100869
I m drawing myself, i can understand what you're going through.

Try to enroll yourself in some classes of some sort or in a serious project where you'll have to work everyday. If you don't have the discipline to do it on your own, try to "trap" yourself in an environment where you'll be able to work. So find a job in a field or go to classes or something.

Also you could stop obsessing over it and relaxing a bit, try living more in the present, being monomaniac can be detrimental to yourself and to your art. Live in the present and try new stuff. Don't be afraid to fail, nothing matters. Try guitar, try music, try piano, try learning a new language, try meditation, try a sport, something that will make you experience new stuff. It could give you some new motivation and serve your art as well.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.