[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any worth in pain? Does disappointment, failure, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1452020586931.jpg (164KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452020586931.jpg
164KB, 800x600px
Is there any worth in pain?

Does disappointment, failure, and loneliness make us human beings?

I need to know. It's the only way I can justify having children. This world is full of pain, but I don't know if that's inherently a bad thing. You only feel happy when you know what is to hurt.

There's so much worth perceiving and observing.

Does anyone have a good answer to this?
>>
Consider your own situation and wether the pleasure has been worth the pain. I know I think so, but no two lives are alike in that regard.
>>
>>18100881
That was my first thought that it's total subjectivity, but I feel that it's not good enough.

There's a certain depth I hope to hit via discussion.
>>
A man without experience is weak. Pain forges us into adaptable human beings, it keeps us from making the same mistakes. Evolution wouldn't allow us to feel pain if it didn't help us to survive.
>>
Just never let them fall into despair, ask them questions about how they feel, if they lash out, if they don't feel, reach out to them.
>>
>>18100865
>falling for the procreation jew meme
wew lad
>>
>Does anyone have a good answer to this?
No

or maybe yes, and they are all fucking different, to be found in literature and philosophy

I think the answer to that question depends heavily on what you think we live for
If you seek pleasure then pain is bad
If you seek success or knowledge then sacrifice and pain are part of it
>>
Suffering is the best teacher, and the most bitter.
>>
>>18100945
I've yet to fall for it, but I can only hope that i'm wrong, and the rest of the human race is right.

I hope there's something in suffering and pain that I've over-looked.

People say suffering and pleasure exist on a continuum. There's a part of being alive that only hell can fulfill for me.

>>18100925
A man without experience is weak, but can you justify a strong man's existence?

What is he strong for if the world is an inherent hell?
>>
>>18100975
Well would you rather be dead right now?

If the answer is no then there's something inherently valuable in life for you at least. Granted there's different viewpoints that reside for different people and if you want an answer that applies to everyone it doesn't exist since meaning is inherently applied by the observer.

Best I can say is your goal should be to minimize suffering as much as possible for your child, it's what parents should do.
>>
>>18100945
>We need fewer mindful people having kids
>just work your whole life and pay taxes to support someone else's kids
>>
>>18100993
How can I minimize suffering if life itself is generally suffering and pain? How can I neglect the future that is in store for any children that I may have?

If suffering is inherently negative, what's the purpose in foisting life onto a human being that will ultimately suffer for the majority of its existence? It only gets harder to feel pleasure the longer you live.

Why do such a thing if you're an atheist?

I don't understand it.
You can say "It's up to you find happiness in your own life", but it's incredibly difficult to do so when we live in a world that's so industrialized and removed from our evolutionary root.
>>
>>18100993
I don't believe I'd rather be dead, but life in the year 2017 doesn't seem to have much going for it.

I'll live and run through my entire natural life span, but I don't see a reason to reproduce.
>>
He doesn't need to be strong for a reason, and a strong man can bear pain more than a weak one, basically, I was talking about people growing in their life. Learning from mistakes, stuff like that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.