[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Low on tiem so posting here. So my girlfriend's family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: BHIOW2017-ALI.jpg (109KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
BHIOW2017-ALI.jpg
109KB, 864x864px
Low on tiem so posting here.

So my girlfriend's family is full of crazy religious nuts who would "break my legs" if they knew I existed (one threatened to do that to her male friends for talking to her).
This has made activities pretty much horrible to go through because of the lies we have to invent for her, and the fear of being seen. (They call to know where she is, with who, that kinda stuff). I once spent a week-end at her apartment and she spent an evening freaking out because someone knocked at the door and she thought it was them.

So now to my issue. She recently complained that I never propose any outings, and we never leave my house. (it was a backhand comment in the middle of another discussion about me going to the movies alone that one time, while she was at her mom's house).
I replied that considering the paranoia and fear it requires, it's not worth it.

Since then she's been mad at me. Unwilling to explain why. Because she doesn't want to have to "explain herself", and I should be figuring it out by myself.

Today I managed to have her say she told me about it before ("it" being whatever I did wrong) and I haven't changed my ways. Thing is I still don't know what it is.

What do you recommend?
>>
I recommend you masturbate and tell her when you do and remind her she should be there gobbling your cock instead of being mad sitting in mom's house.
>>
Why are you with her? Are you actually under the delusion that you have a future with her?
>>
>>18100247
>Why are you with her?

Greatest I've ever been with. Learned about the crazy family once I got to know her. So far apart from the stressful moments once every few weeks, it's great. The arguments have been multiplying recently though, and it's starting to get on my nerves.

Are you actually under the delusion that you have a future with her?
I really don't know. She is preparing herself to cut every tie to them once she'll have moved far enough (so at the start of the next school year). I don't know how effective that's going to be. One of her sisters managed it. They pretty much don't care about what she does now.
>>
>>18100235
As for your specific question, all you can do is apologize without knowing what for and try to get her to explain.

Communication is key to a relationship, you shouldn't have to divine what's making her upset. That's ridiculous.

As a side note it sounds like she's got one of them ultra possessive hindu or muslim families and that shit never ends well, especially if the girl is trying to lie her way to a normal life instead of cutting that toxic shit out.
>>
>>18100254
>One of her sisters managed it. They pretty much don't care about what she does now.
That's good, at least you know that if you reach that point you're not going to have an armed brother show up on your doorstep one day
>>
>>18100254
Well how long until she can completely cut off her family, taking into the account that there'll be an emotional fall out because of it? Because the longer that is, the more likely that you won't be able to put up with this shit
>>
>>18100255
>As for your specific question, all you can do is apologize without knowing what for and try to get her to explain.

I can't just apologize without knowing what for. She'll be mad at me for trying to get away with it without actually trying to change or something.

She still won't tell me what I did. I told her calmly that it's useless, and we need to be open about this and discuss the issues, but she just said she complained about whatever I said before, and is tired of having to repeat.

Now I guess she expects me to think about every argument we had before, and every wrong thing I ever said, and figure out which one she is talking about.
>>
>>18100263
Don't know what to tell you, man. If you don't know what the issue is and she won't tell you there's not much you can do except try again when she's cooled down.
>>
>>18100257
Actually from what i understand they still did the whole beating up to the boyfriends of the other sisters, and then they stopped caring about the girls because they behaved badly.

>>18100260
Presumably she'll be moving to a new city around september for her studies. She'll be so far it would take them too long to come to her. I kept telling her to be clear about it and tell them/write them, but she'd rather run and not face them. She did consider writing a letter.
>>
>>18100272
>She'll be so far it would take them too long to come to her.
But then won't she be even more neurotic when someone does something like knock at the door? If she's paranoid, moving away isn't going to change anything.

>I kept telling her to be clear about it and tell them/write them, but she'd rather run and not face them. She did consider writing a letter.
Your girlfriend's sister sounds like a much more strong-headed person than your girlfriend. Don't count on your girlfriend to be able to cut off her family like her sister did so you can have a future together.
>>
>>18100270
I guess so. It's been two days now though and it's getting quite frustrating. She said if I can't figure it out myself, she wont tell me, and "either we talk about something else, or we don't talk at all".

Thing is I can't just let her keep that to herself, especially when she says it's a recurring issue that gets her mad.

So we're pretty much on a standstill.

Is it bad that i keep thinking that the relaitonship isn't worth the risk and stress? I used to think it was okay because she was great and logical, but now she pulls this kind of stuff and we argue more often, and I sometimes think "this isn't worth getting my legs broken".
>>
>>18100263
>>18100284
She's mad because you implied that she's not worth the trouble you have to go through to see her. I agree with what you said, but that's the problem in her mind and I'd be lying if I said I couldn't empathise with her too.
>>
>>18100292
But that's not what I said at all.

What i told her is that doing anything outside of my house is a hassle that pretty much ruins the activity. I still want to see her, and still have her over every two weeks for three days. I even often try to grab a few extra hours. She knows this.

The whole "this relationship isn't worth the pain I could get" is something I think when she gets mad like this with no explanation. i never told her about that.
>>
>>18100284
My roommate in college dated a hindi girl, had to get a gun to keep the brother from coming around. Eventually the stress killed their relationship.

And that's without this childish mind reader bullshit
>>
>>18100331
Do you know who broke up?
>>
>>18100336
He initiated it but it was mutual
>>
>>18100302
>implied
I know you didn't say that, but that's what you implied.
>>
>>18100356
What I said, word for word is "considering your family I'm not at ease when we go out. It's more stressful than anything".

I never said anything about spending time with her. And if she's mad because of something I never said and at least never intended to imply, she can remain so.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.