[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>LTR bf has group of close friends (male and female) from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

>LTR bf has group of close friends (male and female) from high school
>I finally started to get more involved and made friends with a lot of them
>bf's good female friend seems to not really like me
>its totally not like *that* despite how most of these stories are assumed to go
>she's in a long term relationship for almost ten years, we all hang out, including her bf and my bf
>she makes backhanded insults at me and kinda just caddy speculations at me
>i look a lot younger than everyone despite only being 3 years younger than bf, and I'm 25
>despite hanging out and drinking regularly she always says "Wait, are you, like, old enough to be in the bar section?"
>she's very thin, like size 0 thin, and I am just average, a size 6-8, and she frequently brings up how much larger I am in comparison to her

The partial insults like this always come. One of her friends told me that she is jealous of the way I look when we were drinking. They told me not to worry about it because that is just how she is, very competitive with other women just to "win" against every female in the room. Seems like all the other friends just ignore it.

Still feels like she singles me out way more. I mean, she compliments all her other friends (they are closer though), and I seem to be the only one receiving insults. She insults random girls whereever we go though, like behind their backs and to us.

I can barely handle the negativity. I talked to my bf about it, and he hasn't noticed her do that, but he said she always has positive feedback whenever he talks about me to her (when I am not around).

IDK how do I handle having to be around someone who is like this to me? Like I want to be friends. She's not after my boyfriend, but she just constantly feels competitive on a strictly female-to-female level with me, and it just makes me so uncomfortable. All the other girls are cool though and I like being around them, so I don't want to give that up...
>>
>>18099999
>>18099999
Also as far as the "protective friend" theory, my bf and I have been solid for almost 7 years. We haven't wronged each other at all, at least, not on the level where we'd deeply confide in our friends about it.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 216x233px
>>18099999
>oooohh these beautiful quints

But seriously though, I think the best way would be to let your boyfriend handle it when she does it again. Like maybe ask him to look out for her remarks and cut them off when she makes them. You won't look bitchy in front of everyone and she can't hold it against you.
>>
>>18100019
Yea, I brought up to him a time she was calling me big because she said it while the three of us were in the car together, and I guess that's more of a girl insult because my bf was literally just like, "but she's a stick, of course you're bigger than her"

Which I know, it's just the tone she used was pretty demeaning. Something a guy who wasn't really paying attention to, would probably not see as an insult...
>>
>>18100026
In a way, I think he thought she was complimenting me on my figure. But girls don't tell each other compliments in the way she did.

What she said was something like,

"I mean, like, just look at you, like not to be mean, but you're wayyyy, like, larger than me, so."

That has a negative connotation. Calling a larger friend larger in any way, just needs to be followed by "you have an ass and boobs and a figure" or "your face is flawless though" and stuff. Never with the word "larger"
>>
>>18100032
When she does it again just say "what? what are you saying?" or "yeah but you're a skeleton" or just cut her off and talk about an unrelated topic or something like that. That's what I as a male would answer to dominance stuff like that. No need to just take it quietly, no need to overreact, just show that you have an answer
>>
>>18100058
I will try. I'm just not really like that. I'm either really passive or get really upset (very occasional).

I will try, but I feel like she'd likely overreact to my reaction, thus creating more tension. But at least I won't be wrong.
>>
She feels intimidated by you for whatever reason. Yeah it's possible she once had a little crush on your guy and is jealous in some way. It's more likely that she feels like you have something she doesn't - it can be looks, youth, or something else entirely. Maybe she feels you're bubbly and charming and she finds herself boring. Maybe she resents your success in other areas. It really doesn't have to be something that you perceive makes you better than her.

Either way, she's hardly your problem. Your problem is that she's belittling you in front of everyone and your boyfriend doesn't register it. Tell him to pay attention and back you up in the future, point out that he's in a better position to tell off his own friend than you are (without looking more bitchy than she already makes you out to be).
If he doesn't want to do that, that's your real problem, that he doesn't have your back.
>>
File: 1479705189322.gif (481KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1479705189322.gif
481KB, 500x371px
>>18099999
king of pop
king of gets
>>
>>18100090
Thank you, this makes a lot of sense.

Didn't really want to bring it up to bf because it makes me feel like I can't handle myself, but he is in the better position to make this stop.
>>
>>18100106
It's not just that he's in a better position to do so gracefully, it's that you want to find out whether he is a bit thick and can see that you're being disrespected once his attention is pointed towards you, or that he'd rather turn a blind eye to someone treating you wrong than get into a slightly uncomfortable situation.
>>
>>18100113
Yes, I understand that too. I doubt he would turn blind to it, but I also never really asked him to help me out in these situations.

When I told him about when she called me fat in the car, I was just kinda speculating on it, didn't want it to be a big thing. I'll try to get him to look out for it next time.

The other girls have even noticed her asking my age too often. One lightheartedly said, "jesus christ, *friend* even we know she's 25. Stop asking!"
>>
you're the newbie, the fresh meat

girls are vicious, I know you know this

there's nothing to do about it but deal. if you stand up for yourself and you're going to come off as the bitch. fight fire with fire but tread carefully, alphas don't respond well to this unless thou do it sparingly and do it when you're not around the group so she can't super slam you
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.