[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Howdy anons/femanons! I'm hoping a few can relate to this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0508.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0508.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Howdy anons/femanons! I'm hoping a few can relate to this.
Do you ever feel like something is missing? Is it that you need a significant other to validate yourself? Or is it that you will never be content no matter what? It seems like what makes you strive for more, also makes you feel empty. Sometimes I wish I didn't want happiness, it would make things so much easier.
>>
>>18098921
Its impossible to not desire satisfaction. If you didn't want happiness, you'd still want something, and to want is to not have, and to not have is to desire, even if the dire to not desire, it can be broken. Therefore we can never truely be satisfied. And by default we always want satisfaction, for it will make things better, which in turn makes us happy.

But as far as the feelings you speak of: idk. I've never been in a love/relationship, so I cannot speak on whether that will make mylife any less empty feeling, but the evidence suggests your theory to be true, for the most part at least. I'm sure with the right person, love can be profoundly satisfying to a person. But happiness isn't a sustainable emotion. Loved ones die. But I suppose it's all about the journey. Maybe we find that temporary satisfaction, maybe we don't. But perfaps a good conclusion to this thought is the old saying: tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.
>>
>>18098986
Owner of a lonely heart, better than an owner of a broken heart.

>>18098921
You can't pursue happiness. Once you realize that you are happy you are no longer happy. It's a fleeting emotion. Your basic instincts tell you this.
>>
>>18098986
That profound feeling of satisfaction, is what I live for.. sorry to hear you've never felt it, I think we tell ourselves love is real just to explain how sane people do crazy things. I think what people feel in most relationships is acceptance, not love.. love to me is primal, unending and unconditional, everything else is just lust and loneliness. We want to feel a part of something, even if it destroys us..The human condition is endless struggle, and we wonder why people are depressed..
>>
>>18099002
As with everything in life, it's only temporary. It's what we do with our time, that's what counts.
>>
>>18098921

I've thought about this a lot too. I've come to the conclusion that dissatisfaction is a human evolutionary trait that forces us to pursue betterment. All people feel this to some extent; that they'd be happier if they did that or had this or went somewhere else, and that nothing they have is enough to make them truly happy. However, it doesn't mean they can't be happy with what they have, it's just human nature that's convincing them that it could be better still. Thinking about it like this has greatly improved how I control it and deal with it.
>>
>>18099062
Thanks for the reply, I agree it seems written in our dna.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.