[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I quit my job? Night Auditor at hotel. Work the two busiest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: C2LM-xGUsAE8a3F.jpg (25KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
C2LM-xGUsAE8a3F.jpg
25KB, 720x406px
Should I quit my job?

Night Auditor at hotel. Work the two busiest nights, Fri & Sat. Deal with shithead guests who are rude at best, and threaten me at worst. Make less than the full time guy who works the absolutely dead weeknights because he's been here longer. Ask my boss if he'd alternate our nights so we share the weekend, he agrees because that's what he usually does at the places he's worked before (he's our new GM). Three weeks now, politely reminded him, said thanks and he'd get on it, still nothing. About a quarter of my nights involve evicting someone or otherwise dealing with a borderline hostile guest (CC didn't go through, no vacancies, etc). Occasionally call the cops to deal with fist fights. Constantly on edge. Pays $300 every other week. I'm also on disability that pays $600 a month, so this job doubles my income. I don't need the money since I'm living with my grandparents, but it helps pay for school and my savings immensely.

Currently a junior in college. Doing it all online because autism and people stress me out extremely badly. On the verge of crying at work tonight because I can't do this shit anymore. Prozac+Effexor+Abilify+Weekly therapy. Used to fantasize about a job with responsibilities. Now I fantasize about killing myself and how easy it'd be to buy a gun and do it (FL).

I'd kill for a cubicle job. The two big aspects are customer service, and standing still for 8 hours. They sound like no problem if you do them once. But over and over again, every weekend, constantly, is unbearable.
>>
If your finances can take the hit quit that shit

I know what it's like man, on a night shift right now. I don't know why anyone would willingly subject themselves to this shit
>>
>>18098856
>I'd kill for a cubicle job.
>They sound like no problem if you do them once. But over and over again, every weekend, constantly, is unbearable.
What do you think a cubicle job with your experience (or lack thereof) would involve?
>>
File: anon'sresume.png (286KB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
anon'sresume.png
286KB, 1700x2200px
>>18098866
The same tedious shit day in day out? I'm not saying I'd enjoy it, but compared to this job...

>>18098864
Thanks. I have some great references out of this job, and I like my resume (pic related). But what would I look for as a replacement? I don't want to not work, finish school and then land a fulltime job. I think it'd be too jarring for me. What are some non-customer service jobs I'm qualified for?
>>
>>18098885
Why does every resume that gets posted here look the same?
>>
>>18098885
Also is a 14 page paper supposed to be impressive?
>>
>>18098887
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>18098901
It looks like every other resume that's posted here in terms of font, formatting, layout etc. Are you people using some resume builder or something?
>>
Not until you find another job. Look at working day shift at another hotel chain.. I worked doing reception during the weekdays and it's very cruisy. Since you already know how to use the Opera PMS (or whatever hotel IT you have) it will be very easy to find a daytime reception job.
>>
File: P1zUAMM.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
P1zUAMM.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>18098904
So nothing's actually wrong with it, you just want to complain?

>Why does everyone use the same 3-4 fonts?
Gee idk man. It's a mystery.

>>18098905
I actually transitioned from day shift to night audit because I enjoyed it more. I'm confident I can get another job a different hotel, but I wouldn't unless I was on my own and needed the money. It's great experience, no doubt, but I can't anymore. Just tonight I had to call the cops to evict a bachelor party because the dumbass working previous shift told them it'd be ok.

Most people would read this and think
>You called the police to deal with something, what's the big deal?
It's once a month, and it's not like they handle everything. They're only their in case the guests get hostile. I wait til they arrive, go up, knock on their door, try to avoid arguing with them, get 8 calls from other rooms asking if everyone's alright because the cops are loud as fuck, etc etc. Last month I cleaned up pic related.

I realized I'm rambling, sorry. Venting. Worked KFC>Subway>Front Desk Agent>Night Auditor
I'm done with customer service. I did my time. I just need to find a replacement and have no idea where to look.
>>
>>18098919
>So nothing's actually wrong with it, you just want to complain?
Well it's not doing you any favours in terms of standing out so...
>>
>>18098856

Life's not worth being stressed out. If you have a backup, give them your two weeks if you like the people and/or want to use them as a future reference. If you don't, then sadly you have to stick it out until you find another suitable place
>>
Anon I remember you after you posted that photo. I remember you made a thread here a while ago.

Job that bad huh? Try to line up something else before quitting
>>
>bitching about working the easiest job at a hotel for 2 shifts a week
>thinks writing a 14 page paper is an accomplishment
>thinks online classes are really college
shoot yourself in the fucking head
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.