[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a month to month lease. Then at the last day of February

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I had a month to month lease. Then at the last day of February my landlord posted a new lease on my door for a one year lease with a $30 price increase. He had a note on it that I have to sign asap. I'm very much on the fence on whether I should and haven't sent it in yet. How long do I get to decide on whether I have to accept the new lease that starts need month? I liked my month to month lease since I might want to move out of state soon. I live in Minnesota btw.
>>
Tell him you will do it but you need a week to gather the funds.

Then you secretly move out in the middle of the night and burn the place down.
>>
look at your old lease and see if its even necessary to sign.
>>
>>18098196
I was on a month to month lease. From my limited understanding that means I'm vulnerable to sudden changes to the lease like this. I think I'll just call him tomorrow and let him know I'll be moving out. Just waiting on word from my sister if she can let me life with her for a little while. I was just worried that since my old lease said I had to let him know the billing period prior to me moving out. But since he waited until the last minute to post my change in lease before I could let him know last month I wanted to move out that I'd be legally liable to pay rent or something next month.
>>
>>18098225
I've always gotten the vibe those he was a shaddy landlord. I was wondering if he was trying to trap me into paying a fine or something.
>>
If $30 is causing you this much trouble I think you need to start reevaluating your life and figure out why $30 even matters this much to you. Hint, it may have something to do with getting a better job so that $30 doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>18098233
It's not really the $30 that bothers me. It's the last minute he was legally required posting of the change and the year long length of it. I kinda don't want to be trapped in a year long lease.

And like I said in the previous post I was worried that since I had to let him know the month prior to moving out that I would have had to tell him the night I got home at 8 pm that I wasn't going to sign it. The lease he wants starts next month. To move out next month I was worried that I'd have to tell him last month the few hours I had after I saw my me lease.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.